What's your advice on handling such orders?

brandonmcfee

Hi everybody,
Just wanted to ask: when negotiating the price of an order that contains multiple simple items (say some flat and very simple icons) in one PSD file, shall I charge the buyer for copyrights per item or as a whole single file? regarding that my gig description stating clearly I charge for copyrights per SINGLE item. Help will be greatly appreciated.

This is your decision. It depends on the size and price of the order. You are not actually doing any extra work to get money for a copyright so I wouldn’t try to get a lot for that.

I would simply ask for a flat price for copyrights for all of it. If it is an order for a high dollar amount you could charge less than normal for this.

I don’t charge for copyright as I’ve never really understood how copyright can be charged for when the Fiverr TOS state that it is transferred automatically on order completion. In this case, to answer a question with a question, should I charge for copyright on my videos?

In either case, I personally wouldn’t charge for copyright for multiple items in a single file. this would put as bad a taste in my mouth as a hotel I stayed in once where everything like towels, soap, tea bags and even milk sachets were priced individually. I never went there again and surprise surprise, just down the road there is a higher quality hotel which I now use which doesn’t try and fleece me.

In short, buyers can easily feel cheated by this kind of pricing structure. Worse, they might end up ranting about it for years later whenever they have the opportunity. (Just like I just did).

Just my personal opinion, though.

Yeah, I’m never actually going to charge for copyright simply because I can’t see how doing so is at all in line with ToS.

BTW (& sorry for thread hijacking), Kia Ora Capitalquality. I didn’t realize you were a Kiwi but just checked your profile. I lived in South Westland for a few years and sometimes think about going back. Do you work online full time at the mo Downunder?

Awesome! Don’t worry, the weather wouldn’t be a problem for me. I was based mainly in Franz Josef down in Glacier Country when I was there and still loved it. Besides, I probably wouldn’t be heading down under for a couple of years and/or until I could get a long-term work permit,

Alas, it’s nice to dream. I just wish somebody could move NZ a bit closer to Europe so that it would be easier to at least hop on over for a couple of weeks every now and again.

Archived