How to calculate the quote for the work

arsl_khan

Hi Sellers
i want to know how you guys calculate the quote for any work, i am a graphics designer and being a designer we don’t do anything that is materialistic so we can’t find out how much it will cost, if we go for hours calculation then mostly it is not 100% confirmed ? so what should be the way? ask from buyer for their budget or give it own your own ?

You have to work out your own price, only you know how long it will take you. For some work it’s very hard to be accurate. You just have to do the best you can do and get better over time. Personally I work out based on my experience how long I think something will take and then apply an hourly rate. Sometimes I factor in extra if I think communication is going to slow delivery for any reason, sometimes I factor in a discount for regular customers or I know I’ve done something similar before. Sometimes you’ll get it wrong in your favour and sometimes you’ll get it wrong and it won’t be in your favour. As long as you’re roughly right over time it’s okay. It’s all pretty much educated guess-work.

Simply ask the seller what their maximum budget is and then quote that.

You have 850 sales. I could understand if you were fresh out of school, but this is vaguely dumb. The answers lie in Google. Hundreds of pros–if the writing world is anything to go by–have laid out their prices. If there’s an American association, they’ll have a guideline price. You’re from Pakistan? So what? It’s a global economy. You guys need to wake up and see that you can–if your work is good enough–charge stupid money in local prices.

I know I’m putting my prices up soon. Do the same. Research it a bit, do a test. Oh, and always go for project price. It’ll hide a lot of hourly sins. Just be sure to reaaaaaaally emphasize just how much shit they’re getting.

It depends on how good you are. If you are really excellent and have the reviews to prove that, then you can ask much higher prices than if you are newer and not very good.

Don’t try to ask for more money than you are worth. People will get mad and leave bad reviews.

Archived