What! Why Is My Level Reduced To Level 1?

cyaxrex

So suddenly I have this message

"Unfortunately, based on your recent activity, it seems that your account no longer meets the minimal requirements for the Level Two status. Therefore, we have removed the Level Two badge from your account, along with the features that came with it.

There is nothing we would like more than to see you succeed on Fiverr, and truly hope that you’ll get back in the game soon. For more information, please contact our customer support team here: http://en-GB.fiverr.com/support.

Best of luck,

The Fiverr Team"

Only the other day, I was invited to join their seller success program! WTF! Is this how all these other people you see on the forums suddenly sprout up saying they used to be sellers but got unceremoniously booted off the platform?

My God Fiverr. I am well and truly flabbergasted.

I have done exactly this. And yes, kept calm and composed so as not to upset anyone. I’m just completely and utterly shocked. How does this happen? I’ve just spent all night working on an order and right now my enthusiasm for this whole sorry place has been kicked right in the nuts.

Great. Absolutely fantastic.

That is weird, your track record looks good. It could be a plain mistake. Did you have any recent issues that stick out? A buyer that might have been a rogue and gone complaining, or a few cancellations that happened to be in a
row? Any gigs denied or rejected until you edited them? I can’t see anything really obvious on your profile. You have some gigs related to SEO which seem to have cropped up problems for some other people for reasons I’m not entirely clear on, so you might ask your CS rep or success rep if it’s related to a specific gig. Otherwise, if you wrote back to ask what you can do to fix it, the best thing to do is just what you are doing. Wait it out, be calm even though it has to feel awful. If you got a message with a rep name, was it anyone you recognize or could it be someone new?

If you get something back from them, take your time to reply and look at the level requirements list and see if you connect any dots. If it seems like you might be running into a misunderstanding, you may eventually be able to ask for a second opinion or a supervisor at CS while wording it like it would be a huge favor of them. Nice goes a long way in frustrating situations, even if it isn’t anything you did.

Well if this is the case, I should have been doomed a long time ago. I send cancellation requests out like Christmas cards, If I didn’t, I’d be sat here doing full custom explainer videos for $5 a time.

In either case, for all I know, a butterfly beatings its wings in the Congo has caused a chaos effect gust of wind in New York or Israel. This, in turn, has gone on to make someone at Fiverr spill their coffee over their keyboard.

I mean, I don’t know what this even is? If I’ve somehow done something wrong, what’s to stop me doing it again right now and getting demoted further to level 0? Is it something I have said on the forum? Is it a customer I left a bit of a stinging 4-star review for the other day?

Moreover, if it is a cancellation thing, I’m screwed. Simply because the next time a buyer asks me to create a 2-minute video of a wizard jumping around, cancelling that impossible for me to fulfil order will demote me to level zero won’t it?

I just don’t get why it’s apparently so unreasonable to be told what the ‘recent activity’ which caused my demotion was?

Yes, I’ve contacted CS but the wait for a reply is excruciating. In fact, since I was supposed to be in the Fiverr Seller Success program, I contacted my rep directly. However, with there being no response, I’m starting to wonder if my de-ranking has removed me from this system and that I might have to contact regular CS.

The only problem then, though, is that CS might think that I am bombarding them with messages and not take kindly to even my most civil requests for more information.

In fact, all this is, is one giant exercise in paranoia. i.e. Do I withdraw all my funds now before my account magically disappears like so many other people moan about? Likewise, am I being stupid by not having hit the vacation button already?

The good news is that I’m going for a beer in the sun in a few minutes… Actually, I’ll probably make that three, a jager bomb and a flaming Lamborghini.

Total cancellations = 8. (For entire 4 weeks)

Total value = $240

Past 2 weeks = 2 cancelations (1 per week, average price $6)

Out of all those $160 were due to when I had to go off sick but the rest are all miss orders.

And guess what! I have a fantastic new idiot who has just ordered a custom explainer for $5. Awesome! I’ll make sure to get right on that. Who knows, in 2 weeks when I’ve got my precious £2.60 in the bank, I might be able to buy half a hammer to smash the rest of my self-respect to bits. Oh, joy.

Why, can you help me put a spell on someone?

Anyway, yes, I will, but I really need to head out now as Ive been sat at getting through orders since 11pm last night and I need to have a long and hard think about todays events.

It has to be the cancellation issue. Its the only possible thing according to the levels requirements which they mention in the message you got.
If you have had much less sales and much more cancellations recently then your cancellation rate will seem really high to them. What is your order completion rate at?

I think you are fine. It’s just a misunderstanding over the sudden cancels. Your level is fixed and I’ve put it back on the forum. Deep breath, another beer, and keep doing your usual great work. 🙂

By the way, there is one user who bellows about forum statements causing a level loss (since you mentioned that) and don’t let that get you. Sure, public statements can add a little toxin if there is a bigger problem, but if a forum freak out alone could nail your levels, we’d all be 0 here including me. You’re ok, hang in there!

Just to let everyone know, everything is back to normal now. Crisis over. Thank you, though, to everyone who posted advice and information and made my mini-spontaneous Fiverr profile combustion a little bit more bearable. I will post more later, but I have a few deadlines which I need to attend to first. Thanks again to everyone on this thread.

Archived