How important is Fiverr to you?

lloydsolutions

Fiverr is my only source of an active income. I have passive income sources which are far bigger than what I make on Fiverr and hence more important to me. I have had them much before joining Fiverr. Fiverr keeps me busy and gives me a purpose in life. Also, I use the income from Fiverr to further build my passive income sources. (which is interest income from savings/investments/dividend stocks most of which I inherited).

I can’t believe that you’re not married. I want to marry you. You are a literal wife magnet. Have you never thought about doing something philanthropic, setting up your own business or putting Fiverr aside for a wee and writing a best-selling book?

I imagine you with a nice wife leading a happy domestic life someday.

You do have a job. Surely the whole country cannot be this way? India has such a huge population. There must be some who are more enlightened. India must have other self employed writers. Perhaps you could look in another country.

I am not really an ambitious guy, and have no major dreams or expectations. I just want to spend my time productively, that’s all. As long as I keep getting constant work on Fiverr I won’t look elsewhere. Also, I won’t do anything - such as starting a business - that would require me to remove any part of my savings. I do donate to charity, but not much. Thing is, nobody really helped me in any way in my life (except my parents), so I don’t really trust anyone. I don’t expect anyone to help me if I get into trouble, (in fact my relatives would be gleeful if that happens) so I don’t see the point in helping anyone either. That is also one reason I won’t marry - I cannot trust a woman enough to marry her. I just don’t trust anyone.

Well writer99025, I think what you need is a bit of an adventure and immersion in a few things outside your comfort zone. In fact, I’m highly tempted to figure out a way to kidnap you and take you on an epic, alcohol-fueled mating rampage somewhere where we can easily buy ourselves out of trouble should things get too crazy.

Sadly I’m already banned from Thailand which would be the obvious place to conduct such a rampage. However, I do hear that there is still something of a hedonistic party scene in Goa? Of course, I’m guessing that you would hate every moment, hence why I would have to kidnap you…And why we’d need to have things like sangria for breakfast.

Let’s see…well, I check out new gigs almost everyday, roam around the forum almost everyday, so I believe Fiverr is a daily part of my life, but when it comes to income, I’d say it’s about 20% or so, maybe a bit more depending on the month. Fiverr is not my main source of income, but it has paid my rent, my traveling fee etc, so yeah, it’s pretty darn important! 😃

I stopped full-time contracting with a 2-hour each way commute to look after my few alpacas and a little bit of land so Fiverr is very important. My partner still works so Fiverr makes up the total to something that lets us be comfortable. I couldn’t survive on Fiverr but I do turn down a lot of complex gigs to give me time to do the other things I have to do, so maybe I could if I worked more hours.
More importantly for me, I keep my brain active, my skills up, and I interact with a community of like-minded professionals.

Archived