Bitter truth

zuhaibnaqvi

Hi!

I want to share reality. If you’re agree with my post then like it and give some suggestions.

I think fiverr give too much priority to buyers than sellers. I had faced two buyers whose response were not good. Not good in the sense that they ordered me. Get the delivered work. Also gave me TIP with 5-stars rating and after 10 minutes they edit rating to 1-star and in the mean while contacted fiverr customer support to cancel the order.

So what i got? A bad review. Finally fiverr deduct money from my account and return it to buyer.

Is that fair?

I think fiverr must give some too.

I will be happy with good suggestions

Thank you,
Kind regards,

I am more buyer: I had now two expressions. One, we have hand over datas and everything and after 3 days working and explaining, the seller said, we should not waiste his time (but he did not understand what to do) and stopped working. Now, today, the order is paid (as buyer you have to pay upfront :-))) and the delivery date is already to late. With placing order, I hand over all asked datas and files. After 12 hours no one response!! And the seller was at the same time online!!
So, you think this is correct.
In my opinion, there should be a possibility for both side, that somebody from fiverr, if a difficulty is coming up, is immediately involved.
But I understand you and it is not fair!! But are our impressions as buyer fair?
But on the other side, a great place and opportunity here.

You’re right. There is possiblity on both sides. I had completed almost 185 orders and i just had bad experience with 2. So it means 99,9% buyers are best for the fiverr requirement. I just want to say that fiverr must give some edge also to sellers.

Thanks

I am sorry to hear you had a problem with buyers who were able to get refunds. It depends on each case and I have had CS stand behind me and help me when there was a problem. I also have been able to talk to buyers to let them know if there is any problem I will be happy to help them in any way I can, and most buyers are nice people. They simply need to understand how things work sometimes. Try to explain things to them in a nice way.

There really isn’t any way to force either the seller or the buyer in the very end. If a seller makes a contract to give a product for a price and delivers something bad, sometimes a buyer can get stuck because the seller refuses to refund. Customer Service will often back up the buyer, but not always, especially if the issue is about personal taste. Most sellers want to deliver a good service, but there are some scammers online and occasionally a buyer loses money.

If a buyer makes a contract to pay a price for a product, it is completed, and the seller gets the money all the way to their account, there are still a tiny percentage of buyers who will do the wrong or dishonest thing. Some buyers will ask for a cancellation over a misunderstanding and it’s just a side effect of doing business on the internet. Others will go further and try to cancel the charge on their credit card. If a buyer does that, Fiverr will block the buyer from coming back, but both Fiverr and the seller lose their money and it’s another side effect of being in your own business.

The good thing is, most buyers are really honest and want to do right. Most will work with a seller who is polite and explains a misunderstanding. Yes, though, sometimes things don’t work out on one side or the other even after a transaction is complete, just like things go wrong in a real store. We just keep going and work through it from both sides.

Yes that happen, few buyers do this just for 5 bucks. I happened same with me, and the CS support told me that they want to secure buyers interest to attract more buyers and ultimately it will help the sellers.
But the ratio of such buyers are 1% so nothing to be much worried about.
Focus on your services and rock 🙂

I know it is frustrating. It happend to me few times for hundred bucks orders. Your statement is “fiverr give too much priority to buyers than sellers” same as mine when first time that happened. I started crying on forum and also opened support tickets.
But at the end of the day, we are still here working from our home offices doing what we love for that 99% great and kind buyers.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m still new, so don’t know if my advice is worth anything, but…

keeping in touch with the client (or seller) throughout the process and getting their opinion BEFORE you deliver can reduce situations like this happening.

If you can, a little while into the job, send a progress update (or something like that) get their feedback. When the work is done send them a sample (if possible) and get their feedback. Make adjustments where necessary and ask them, are you happy with what I’ve done?

Always be polite and professional!

Once sure, deliver your work and wait for review.

Your correspondence can back you up if you end up in a dispute. If you have done everything that you was supposed to, and the customer is happy with your work, you shouldn’t have any problems. If you or the customer aren’t happy, you have a chance to cancel the order.

Hope this helps, if it dosen’t kick me 😛

Hi guys!

I think there are bad and good people in any place, even on Fiverr

So, as others have stated before, 99% is good people and only the 1% is bad, so Fiverr is great

I’ve completed more than 1,000 orders so far, I have only had 4 bad experiences (that I recall), and 2 were refunded to the buyer ($30 and $65), I felt realy pissed off, CS couldn’t do nothing, those user are no longer on Fiverr

So, keep going

Sergio

Archived