If buyer offer tips should I accept that?

oinspire

Yes, I on the same page as misscrystal here… I just get a notification when I’ve been tipped. I’ve never actually had someone “ask” before tipping. And if they did, I think I would respond with something to the effect of,

“Yes, thank you! A tip is always appreciated, and I’m glad you liked my work! I hope I can help again in the future!”

“Thanks so much for letting me work with you on this great project, if there is anyway I can earn a tip from you, let me know, would appreciate it kindly. Thanks again…”

Then in the reviews:

“Thanks so much for your $10 dollar tip and five star review!”

I sometimes put the amount of tip I got in the review or at least that they tipped me so other buyers can see how often I get tipped. Its like going to a restaurant and you see a tip on the table from a previous customer.

The only situation in which buyers mentioned a tip was when they needed the order sooner, or, when they needed an additional revision.

For example, yesterday someone told me this ‘‘Hello, Anamaria! If I could get this in 2 hours you will get a nice tip!’’

But if they want to leave you a tip, they will! Without asking for your permission.

If they ask if you want tips, just say “Whatever you feel is fair for my work”. Never turn down a tip, ultimately you are here to make money and you must have over delivered if they want to tip you. I’ve never actually had someone ask me point blank if I want one but if they did, I would say yes in a heartbeat.

You should accept it my dear. You earned because you did an outstanding job for your buyer. There’s no better way for your buyer to say i like the work you did for me other than offering a tip. So next time you get one, please appreciate the buyer for tipping you.

Your buyer is bullshitting you. Do not do whatever he will do in exchange for a “tip”.

If he wanted to tip you he would have already. There’s a buyer floating around the forum who wants to cancel a logo gig because it doesn’t look like a feminazi coffeepot or something. He wants to cancel and then leave a tip because he’s a nice guy. Or is he just full of shit?

Smell the bs and wake up. Tips are given without any need to accept or decline anyway… There is no need for questions or advice here.

Archived