Avoiding Modification requests

onlinedzshop

A small tip i use to avoid that, when i deliver i explain to the buyer what i did in his order so that he feels i took good care of his order, and then i add this :

“if you see mistakes or need something else just tell us!”

the buyer will feel like you care and you did your best.

That’s just my way of delivering 🙂

hmm that is good, but what if buyer does not like the final delivery and he thinks you gave your best and it cant be better done from you ?, that would only lead to not so good review and to a lot issues and problems…

I never explain to buyer what I done and I have done it, If they want to know they can order extra and I will send it in document in details (which is rarely done).

I always deliver like this.
"All done, please check is all ok and done as you want it.

Thank You for using Webchief Services!"

If all is ok it will lead to 5 stars, if not they will click on “request modification”.

I dont know why sellers dont like buyers to use that option, but I think fixing few elements is much better then refunding order or even receiving bad review.

That function is there for reason and should be used.
It helps me in 70% of orders when buyer does not send all info I require. so I deliver order and ask them to click on request modification and send all information. That way I am not late on delivery and we are all happy with experience.

Good one. I always tell my clients that I’m there for them even after the transaction is done.
Once I promised a client to have a look at his website a couple of weeks after he bought one of my gigs and I kept my promise. I always do.
When the time came I did just that and he bought an extra gig for my effort and marked it finish immediately.
It’s a matter of good communication I guess.

Oh yes, once I got a modification request. I immediately refunded the buyer and told her that I don’t think we are a good match. In this case thought if she knows everything better she can better do it on her own. Didn’t tell het that but this way I avoided needless discussions and everything what comes with it.

Each situation is its own universe of bs. Treat it as such. You can’t avoid modifications, as your client pool is completely random, and frequently comes with idiots. Explanation is always good, and adds a layer of “thought”. I suggest a one or two sentence “guiding path” that leads them to think that your work is awesome.

There’s always a newb or an idiot though. Throw away the idiot and nurture the newb.

How are you a top rated seller with that attitude? Every post of yours that I’ve seen in the forums involves bullying of some sort or complete disregard for the feelings of others.

Yes, some customers don’t know what to send you or how to describe things, that’s why they hired you. If they were proficient in everything, they would have no need for you. Lacking knowledge in a particular area doesn’t make customers “idiots”.

If you find customers you don’t like, don’t work for them, that’s one of the top reasons for freelancing, you CHOOSE your clients. I’ve turned down many people for being rude, I’ve cancelled orders because people have started becoming rude. I may lose some money but I save myself headaches.

It’s not that customers don’t know what to send you or how to describe things that makes them an idiot. It is things like getting excellent work worth more than the $5 they paid and then wanting to cancel the order on some phony pretense so they get the work for free.

Some are also unable to communicate in any meaningful way yet they are very insistent on hiring you. The line of questions or comments they send are indicative that they are totally unaware of some very basic things that make trying to work for them impossible. There are lots of variations on this.

That may be true but since you’re the one making money and doing work, it’s your responsibility to clearly lay out what you will be delivering. As long as you over-deliver on each order, people will always be pleased. I’ve only had one or two people who kept asking for more and I just told them that I can send them a new gig for the new changes and that stopped their requests. Yes, it’s true that a few ruin it for the many but that doesn’t justify calling them idiots. Part of business is trying to get the most you can for the least amount of money, otherwise, people would be losing money on business.

Just on this part - As long as you over-deliver on each order, people will always be pleased.: Honestly, my selling experience doesn’t back up the always in that statement. I’d say it’s true for most.

What’s worse is, a client sound not have to get overdelivery to be pleased. Just normal delivery should be a pleasant and usually 5 stars. Real and useful overdelivery should end in tip or a custom fabulous review comment. On the rest I have no opinion for now.

The only reason I over-deliver with each order is that my orders average about $300-400, I don’t focus much time on my $5 orders and they’re there to lead people back to my profile. And when I go to a restaurant, just getting the food on time isn’t enough for me to leave a 5 star rating for the restaurant. I typically give 4 stars unless the experience was enjoyable for reasons beyond just the food that I paid for.

I am a top rated seller because I am usually right and also make sales like this.

I eat idiots for breakfast, lunch and dinner. My digestive process takes care of the rest, although sometimes I can suffer from a slightly acidic reaction–I put this down to the sourness of some of my clients.

Anyway, you’re boring.

Mario is a witty, kind and funny multilingual gentleman who is also the life and soul of any party.

No reality TV shows for me please. I have a lot of disgusting habits I’d rather keep between me and my stony-faced walls.

“I review places I don’t need to with a less than perfect review because people need to know that while everything was pretty much OK, I was not treated like royalty–4 stars”

You can have all those clients then–the rest of us want to see the damned back of them.

Archived