Has anyone tried "mindfulness"?

writer99025

Nope. I would rather take a drill bit to my frontal lobes. Do unto others as you would have done to yourself is perfectly fine with me. Mindfulness, on the other hand, is just a way of never saying anything like it is in case it offends someone.

It can take years of practice to learn. It helps to know and remind yourself that the future and past do not exist and only the tiny NOW is all there is, only the present moment. And by thinking about how tiny this moment “now” is, seeing it as smaller and smaller you may become aware that it too does not exist, leaving you with…what? Infinity.

a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting one’s feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations, used as a therapeutic technique.

Yes, I’ve been very upset with the political situation in India, the corrupt media and the evil opposition parties and the general decadence of the society…so trying to get my mind off it and to concentrate on work alone. This forum is actually a huge relief for me, it keeps me thinking about other things, otherwise I would obsess about Indian politics on Twitter. Now I want to just focus on work and get my mind off politics. Whatever has to happen to India will happen. I can control my life, I cannot control or feel responsible for the lives or decisions or character of other people.

I understand. I went for many years without ever watching any television or reading the newspapers, and only a few times a year paying attention to any news on the internet. I was much more calm and happy then. I realized that how does news affect me in my day to day life? And found that it does not affect it. I could concentrate only on my own
life without distracting or upsetting thoughts of what’s going on in “the world” or “the country”. If this election was not so interesting I would go back to that. Not much is uplifting generally in the news. There is no reason to let my mind fill with unpleasant things that actually do not even pertain to my day to day life at all.

Sorry, my sister is at Uni and is all wrapped up in how mindful everyone has to be of not causing offence to anyone. In this regard, I think I might have confused your seeking spiritual/inner peace related mindfulness with the present trend of political correctness disguised as mindfulness.

If this is the case, maybe simply try and pair your attempting to practice mindfulness with your exercise regimen. The two might sound completely unrelated, but regular exercise is a powerful way to achieve better mental clarity and focus.

Our government is fine…we have a great Prime Minister, God bless him, who is honest, hard working and sincere…but the old establishment forces that he defeated in the last election are regrouping and not allowing him to work. Also, there are chinks in his own party. But this is the first honest government we have had for 40 years. They have attacked corruption head on because of which the old establishment forces such as media, civil servants are fighting back. There are too many vested interests in the country. I feel frustrated to see our PM trying hard but failing.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked it up on Google the meaning of mindfulness since I didn´t know. I still don´t fully understand though. But if I see my dogs and watch them, they are probably the masters of mindfulness. Dogs are amazing. I grew up with dogs and I have been their admirer. They are my best friends, that´s why I like helping them poor dogs.

Sorry if this comment is not related to the topic. It just somehow crossed my mind. But has mindfulness got the same meaning with mind peacefulness? I don´t know. Anyway, I like meeting with new people, but I don´t like to be too close with my friends coz it´s most of the time always a hassle. For example, when a girlfriend started to think that we are best friends and then I never call her, she got angry. Ah, so many things which are just hassles. So I like it better when I only have a few girlfriends coz it feels much more peaceful. I am friends with my husband´s friends (but not close of course). I like my husband´s friends better than I like my own friends. What I like about their friendships is that them boys don´t care how rarely/often they meet, when they have time they will meet, but when they don´t have time they don´t make a fuss about it. Boys/men are usually not complicated.

Archived