Gig not started (it has a mandatory requirement) but what happens if I deliver?

capitalquality

I have a gig that I made a custom offer for after a long conversation with the buyer. The buyer hasn’t completed the requirements and so the gig hasn’t technically started. However, I’ve done the work. We’re in different timezones and I knew they were going to be unavailable for a bit so I went ahead, but despite nudging they haven’t updated the requirements. (They just have to say ‘as discussed’ so it’s not hard).
So, seeing as how the gig hasn’t started, if I deliver anyway do I get paid? Should I deliver or should I just cancel? How long do I wait before I cancel? Or do I just let it hang there never ending?

OMG, the endless questions tears hair out

I’ve had clients with custom orders, that don’t realise they need to provide the instructions on the order (because they already have). I never use the nudge, because it doesn’t work and feels a bit rude, I send them a message explaining that I have their info, but I need them to type something into the instructions box in order to start work, as the order is in pending - even if they just say “thanks”. Works almost every time 🙂

Archived