I sold nothing for $5 and got a bad but hilarious review

kc_azevar

“I very clearly paid for nothing…” -buyer “… I rated his communication as 3 when it should have been one…” -buyer. “The hardest decision I ever made was between paying for your services or donating money to the Bernie Sanders campaign.” -buyer in a message sent to me.

It sounds like a stunt to me, probably done by the seller and a friend (or themselves.) Since the account now has a 33% positive rating it’s certainly worth nothing too. I wish it had been a little funnier to at least make a good post, but I’ve seen better forum comedy, even though it was rather dry British humor that was practically Greek to me.

No its not a stunt if that means anything coming from the seller. I don’t know that guy. I can sort of see why you’d think that but if it was a stunt why would I give my self a bad review and not deliver it on time? Doesn’t really make sense too me. However I did share this to gain a few views but I didn’t make any of it up.

No worries, I’m not accusing you, I’m just saying that it did sound like a joke. Some people (not necessarily you) would do the whole thing on purpose. Of course, by giving a bad review they would ruin the account so I’m not saying they would do it with the intention of continuing to sell. If you hoped to keep making money with the account and weren’t joking, I agree that it would be obvious you wouldn’t set it up.

If you don’t know the guy, I’m thinking that he may just be someone with a mean sense of humor. Since his review says that by delivering you were doing “something” it sounds like he’s making fun of the “nothing” part. As a gig, I suppose it was a risk for that very reason. The buyer is taking a risk by doing what he did, since he only has one gig as well. If you want to do real gigs, I think Fiverr would let you “start over” if you asked them. They could close your account after you collect the $4 you have coming. Then you could make a brand new account and try again. Your idea was pretty good, really, but it may have backfired. Good luck!

Thanks I liked the idea too at least its good for a laugh or hopefully a roll of the eyes. I appreciate the advice but I think I’m going to keep the account and just hope to god that someone else wants nothing and will be happy with it. I plan on adding more gigs that actually offer more than nothing. I’m going all or nothing on this account or both.

I have a risky gig, called “I will tell you your website sucks” or something like that. I literally do that, but the difference is that instead of delivering the comically low standards I promise “wtf is man, did ur mum drop u on ur hed when u were a baby?”, I give good advice.

Anyway, neat concept, s*** execution. Delete profile with permission of Customer Support, start again. Try to make it jack**proof next time round, too.

Nice! I like your style haha. I’d consider paying for your services if I had my own website. Thanks for the advice about the whole jack**proof thing. I hadn’t considered that as I’m new here. Either way though it was still funny to me and hey I made $4 for absolutely nothing.

Archived