Fiverr is shady and greedy - Can't use refund money towards new gigs

jdd332

I got a refund for a gig $55. I need to order a new gig for $70. I can’t use the $55 I was refunded into my fiverr balance towards the $70 gig, I need to withdraw more money from paypal.

Most people are not aware of this scenario until they encounter it. This is a shady way to put more money into fiverr’s pocket. I should be able to use the $55 towards my new $70 gig and pay the difference via paypal. I was a fan of fiverr up to this point but they should be ashamed of being so greedy and tricking customers in this scenario.

And I don’t care if this is part of their terms. The common knowledge in retail is if you get store credit you can use it towards another purchase. Imagine if Macy’s or Target employed this practice, they would be labeled crooks.

Shame on you fiverr.

What she said. Stop imagining that Fiverr is like your local Targets who you can just go up and screech at with no repurcussion because corp spinelessness in when it comes of sluprpng up your money.

Loyalty programs are a joke anyway, spend $1000, get $2 free off some off brand shampoo we’re trying to clear out of inventory.

If you had read the ToS when you signed up (as you agree to do) you would have known the policy. You could have chosen not to buy from a service you considered shady. Regardless, custom orders are frequently used as described and there is nothing to stop you from using your credit.

@jdd332 This is a big problem for buyers, others have complained and I would also agree that fiverr should have flexibility to allow you to apply the funds anyway you choose. This may be another reason why buyers don’t come back.

Agree, I’ve lost buyers over this when I or they have had to cancel an order. In fact, I had one buyer a while ago who accused me of stealing their money after cancelling their order because they ordered by mistake.

I have the same problem, I got refund for 2 gig, because the seller does accomplice the project and i canceled, now i want to buy from another seller and i can not use my fiverr balance account to complete the next payment. I agree fiverr should have flexibility to allow you to apply the funds from your fiverr balance account and pay the rest to complete the amount of the next order you want to make.

Archived