New to fiverr

rox_sanju

First of all, do your homework/research.
This means reading everything on the website, through the forum,
check other people’s gigs, everything. Keep in mind that this is business.

Second, you need to be professional. Act professional. Be honest, don’t lie, do not steal. Present professional work.
I advice you to use your OWN image. The hand logo image you are using belongs to
Melt My Memory.

Is it possible to add a video? Fiverr even tells you that gigs with videos well something like 225% more than gigs without videos. The simple fact is, that people want to be convinced that your service is the best one to choose from the bunch, and by having a video, you are giving yourself that much more time and opportunity to sell yourself and your services.

I’ve been wondering about this myself. I think the 225% is based on a randomly optimistic number with extra sprinkled on. I say this because if you go to any category and watch an average video, it’s pretty dull. All that tells me is what I know: people won’t read boring text.

I have awesome video ideas for all my gigs, but they need a Hollywood budget. Otherwise, its me, my dog, treats and badly edited transition screens (or worse, smooth PPT transitions!)

This is true. I`m in Fiverr for almost 3 years. My Gig is not something famous but many times is listed in Top of the category. Since I upload my video cover I get around 70-100% more orders and more expensive orders than before. No doubt. If you have video and good feedback you will get more clients. They always like to know what they will receive for their money. The another working tool is overdelivering of the orders. Many times I deliver my work early as expected or just adding something from my self. Your clients will love you. Make them happy. Enjoy Fiverr.

I’m afraid I couldn’t put a video on my gigs that weren’t honest to me. And my videos all turn into a dystopian nightmare before the solution (ME!). Well, in my head. Maybe I’ll rope some drunk tourists into rah-rahing me instead. Bouncing Boobs Bikini (BBB) testimonials seems like a thing that would work.

PS I’m female so not a sexist dinosaur. Just a terrible cynic.

EDIT: the Better Business Bureau ain’t got nothing on me!

Archived