How do you request a refund

blushingbeauty

Question

I guess honestly telling them that you were not happy is the best thing.

You can give the seller another chance for him/her to rework on it, if you are still

not happy, ask for a refund.

Personally as a seller myself, I much rather give the buyer a refund rather than risking a negative rating.

I’d say it would be a good idea to tell them why/how you were not satisfied, just to make things a bit more clear for the seller if you are going to ask them to rework on it.

If you’re not happy, ask for a refund, but be nice and at least thank them for trying. 🙂

i want to know, how can i refund to the buyer. i have given him what he mentioned and showed him as well but he is still irritating. i don’t want any negative rating. please tell me the method of refund.

Sorry for my vent… How can I request a refund by Fiverr? Almost 2-months ago I requested 2 x flyers paying in excess of $45 and then what I got back was very similar to what I had created myself and wanted amended which is why I paid someone. Then asked for amendments they didn’t quite understand. A month later I have deadlines and work commitments so I asked for a partial refund. The seller said she would refund 100%. Then wouldn’t due to family commitments and wants to do another for me. So I said ok. Another month has passed and nothing. I’ve already paid someone else and got good results. All I get from the buyer is… i will complete ASAP - I don’t even want it completed by this seller after 2-months!!! Please help…

I paid for a gig for Spanish lessons and the seller sent me a blank sheet and marked it as “delivered” and indicated this was so we wouldn’t run of time. She never responded to me and now I see she is no longer taking new gigs. I have left her multiple emails with no response. How do I get my money back?

Sorry, but this comment reads like, tuff tits, you get what you pay for. If someone offers a service, and that service is delivered to a poor standard, the consumer should be protected. I have had one good and three bad experiences with sellers in terms of quality. If what you say is true, then I guess one should ask oneself why even bother with fiverr in the first place?

I had the same experience. I gave the writer many chances but the article was not like the sample. I asked for a refund after she “redid” the gig but in fact she kept sending me the same article with just a few words changed here and there. Poor quality. She said she’s willing to refund 5%. If that is so, I will be forced to give her bad reviews.

Reply to @blushingbeauty: I think you have to click on the notification icon at the top of fiverr, which is the one that looks similar to a sound wave or heart rate monitor and then click on the notification relating to that order. Once you have done that, click on the option to reject order at the top of the page.

You then send the seller a message detailing why you don’t like his/ her work, what you were expecting and ask them if they could give it another go. Especially as a new seller I would be very happy with someone being honest with me and giving me the chance to recover myself.

I have only sold one gig so far, I’ve complete the work, but it’s not finalised yet as it takes 3 days. The only thing that he asked me to change was the address of the office on the manual and the phone number.

i want to know, how can i refund to the buyer. i have given him what he mentioned and showed him as well but he is still irritating. i don’t want any negative rating. please tell me the method of refund.

If you have done the work, then you deserve payment, if the client still not happy, than that is life “you could never make all people happy”, the client might be irritating on purpose to force you refund and get free work, or he or she just was born like that, or your work is not as they expected whatever the reason may be, you have done the work, and 1 or a couple of negative rating will not kill your business, “refund only if the work was not as the client asked” otherwise you might end up refunding a lot. Refunding and canceling orders will also effect your ratings…

Good luck and remember you can never make all the people happy. Make yourself happy and share a bit of that happiness with others. 🙂

If you have done the work, then you deserve payment, if the client still not happy, than that is life “you could never make all people happy”, the client might be irritating on purpose to force you refund and get free work, or he or she just was born like that, or your work is not as they expected whatever the reason may be, you have done the work, and 1 or a couple of negative rating will not kill your business, “refund only if the work was not as the client asked” otherwise you might end up refunding a lot. Refunding and canceling orders will also effect your ratings…

Good luck and remember you can never make all the people happy. Make yourself happy and share a bit of that happiness with others. 🙂

That’s the reason many people don’t succeed in business. If you have that poor mentality delivering poor and unsatisfactory results, then you shouldn’t be paid. Many people choose to have “unlimited” revised versions and that’s what they are paying for, don’t want to make your buyers happy, don’t be in business. When you are in the services field, you have to suck it up and be 100% customer service oriented, otherwise don’t clog the system and let other people do the job, the ones who actually care about their clients.

Reply to @bothead: How do you know they are stretching response time to the max and then cancelling? Did they offer you a mutual cancellation? If so, there isn’t a lot you can do. You can’t really force a seller to do work since you get a refund if they cancel. If they didn’t offer a cancel and you want to leave feedback then yes, you’d have to mark it complete and review it. You can’t review something you didn’t pay for. You can cancel and then notify Customer Support about the seller’s behavior and CS will look into it. Just FYI, social media likes and such are pretty risky in general. I am not aware of any way to get high numbers of social media responses without using a bot and you are likely to lose the responses even if you get them.

Also, you need to edit your post and remove the sellers profile from your post. It is against forum rules to call out the seller and reporting them to CS is much more effective.

I am currently having an issue with a seller, who is claiming work is done and there is proof no work was completed and they are just stretching the response time to max and then canceling the request. unless i accept the work I can not leave a negative comment but then i also loose my money right? BTW this is the seller fragglesrock

I don’t understand…Why? Do other seller doesn’t give a refund when the buyer is unhappy? To be honest whenever i didn’t make my client/buyer happy i am always open for a refund. I value my feedback’s a lot so i should give there money back. Specially if the buyer is also NOT SO NICE type of person. BAD COMMUNICATOR not COOPERATIVE.

Always contact the seller first explain whats wrong and 9/10 you will get a reply obliging what they can do to make things better.

My customers always come first and if there not happy then I will work it out with them.

Don’t Give negatives before giving the seller a chance we are all here to help each other.

Reply to @blushingbeauty: You’re welcome. Next time you order a gig, if you don’t like what was delivered, there’s an option to reject the order, which gives the seller another opportunity to revise it, if you still aren’t satisfied, you could either ask for the seller to do a mutual cancellation. But its always best for the seller to avoid any type of cancellation, so if they have a different gig that interest you, maybe you can ask them to just apply the funds toward a different gig, that way the seller won’t acquire another cancellation that may affect their level status in the future, and you’ll still get something you’re interested in. 🙂

Guest gamersuscentral

I don’t think you should have given the seller a negative until you actually reached out to them. I understand you are the buyer, but if you reach out to the seller and let them know that you are unsatisfied with the gig, then maybe they can redo it for you or touch it up to your satisfaction. Its just common courtesy in the trade world. Its like if you were to send me a rose, when the rose arrived it was beautiful but it was missing a pedal, so I just decided to give the person a negative review. Bad for business.

Archived