The #AskGaryVee video is up!

emmaki

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The forums always display YouTube videos like this for some reason. You don’t need to right-click to see it properly–just click on the title (“Fiverr &…”) and it’ll take you to YouTube where you can watch it in 144p pixelvision or 1080p glory in full.

It’ll still be crap.

Having a home of your own is what financial security is all about. But my point is specific to Andy, who was in a high paying job as an executive and left it in his best earning years. 30s are the time to earn as much as possible, then he can relax. If he can work on Fiverr for fun 2-3 hours a day, along with a high paying job, that’s great. I think he is a very smart guy and is deliberately undercutting himself.

Oh, I’m still financially independent and there is no way that I would ever go back to my old job. Moreover, everything we have is in my name. I’ve just got a feeling that a big chunk of it is on it’s way to a little town in Hungary right now. (Very long story).

In fact, the only thing I am struggling with at the moment is the shock, and how scarily easily it would be to push my new worst enemy off a cliff and get away with it.

What I’m going to try and do, though, is channel that touch of quite dangerous psychosis into a short story or something rather than actually commit murder.

Also, we’ll have to agree to disagree about financial security being the cure to all life’s woes. All I need is sunshine and my wee dog. Besides, all people ever talk about is security of some form or other and all that has ever accomplished is a toilet bowl world of people who are unhappy even when they are rich.

@cyaxrex Okay, I am glad you are still independent. You don´t have to go back to your old job if you don´t want to, although it could be a good idea. But you are the one who knows what you want, and there are a lot of other ways to make money. I agree with @writer99025 that you (it seems to me) are a very smart guy.

PS: If everything is under your name then it should be fine (I mean, I don´t know the whole story so the best thing I could think of is, if everything is under your name, whatever you have had should stay yours. But maybe things are not that simple in your case. I don´t know).

consider the Fiverr CRO who was sidelined throughout the whole thing, and the fact a Fiverr logo was plastered on it, and the fact that the questions were from a car-crash Fiverr thread before pronouncing such a bold claim. It makes you look foolish.

Were those questions actually from one of the threads here? I normally follow Gary’s podcast shorts, and this whole Fiverr contest/promotion/namedrop thing came out of the blue.

I think it’s sweet that someone cooked up a very limited-entry “contest” to cover up what was blatantly a plug for the platform on Gary’s show… but it’s a bit disappointing that the faux contest, questions, and responses failed to represent sellers on Fiverr who actually produce quality work. I also can’t imagine potential buyers watching the video and having any idea what the hell Fiverr is.

p.s.

Ever consider posting your “unlimited patience and kindness” auto response for crazy bulk basic orders? I’m certain we’d all find it an enjoyable read to ease the tension 😃

@misscrystal Agreed. I love Gary, and have been following his content for a while now. I also enjoy the comment battles he leaves in his wake. He’s an acquired taste, and normally features guests that understand and anticipate the pace and fervour of his content.

The Fiverr staff seemed a bit disarmed by the whole thing. The AskGaryVee show probably wasn’t the best outlet to advertise the platform. The comments on the YT video are harsh, mainly filled with creatives bashing Fiverr because they don’t understand the economics of the process here.

Gary doesn’t help it much by saying “work for free to get more work”, without elaborating he means bartering position and boosting conversion. But I guess his attitude is that he was paid to let Fiverr on his show, not to defend them.

Maybe it’ll change when Gary starts investing in Fiverr… then he’ll praise it like he does Twitter and Medium.

Archived