Do the Fiverr powers-that-be read the suggestions/bugs forums?

capitalquality

@emmaki is about 90% right. (I know, blasphemous, but true.)

Posting ideas and suggestions in a rational way can be helpful, though. Fiverr staff does occasionally go through the Suggestion Box and if a suggestion gets a ton of support and/or is repeated often do get some attention.

There are also about 4 active non-staff forum moderators/admins that read most of the forum on a very regular basis and several more non-staff admins that read portions of it (like podcast replies) fairly often. Although we are not “powers that be” we do get contacted by staff once in a while to ask if we have input based on what we’ve seen on the forum. We offer it as best we can and that doesn’t mean it gets utilized, but it does get through.

The ranting pot is very good for generally griping, ideas that aren’t worded as suggestions, etc. The moderators read the Ranting Pot and even that category can get passed along if a general theme is noticed. For years the forum didn’t really get much attention and it gets more now than it used to. It’s not a total void. But, other than that bit, the other 90% of the forum is just peer-to-peer conversation.

I am wondering if they read my suggestion to improve how we find the posts we made and see if anyone answered although their improvement was much better than my suggestion of a red star to mark threads we have posted in. It was right after I said that they made the improvement.

Oh, well. I suppose 10% is better than nothing. Other websites have a voting system to prioritise changes (and make sure the changes that are made are relevant to the users). That would be nice here gazes wistfully into the sunset

Thanks for the informational response.

The forum dev team is a little different from other Fiverr departments since it’s made up of a combination of volunteers, contractors and regular Fiverr devs. Some things can be done by just one person and some take a lot of behind-the-scenes work. I know that when the new forum came out, the to-do list was really long and we didn’t even have “follow” and certainly not any way to see our own posts. So, the admins came up with ideas and lists were made based on threads (yours was among those) and we threw everything at the people who could do what had to be put in with add-ons and/or development.

I don’t know the details, but that whole thing led to both Follow and View Activity. I also remember your post about deleted older threads, and it was discussed. While it wasn’t done exactly that way, we now moderate with an active plan for closure of threads that are either old, partially inaccurate, or have a large number of existing replies.

Many of the items on the list were implemented later, like pins. Fiverr FAQ was changed so that it functions independently to allow for preferred answers to float to the top and auto-resolution could be used. Some other categories (i.e. Live Events) also function differently from the general ones. Moderators don’t always hear back on what the final decisions are regarding the input, but we’ve seen it in action. The to-do list is still long since it continues to grow, and the forum remains in active maintenance/development unlike the old one. The old forum was still moderated and occasionally followed by staff, but it wasn’t maintained to the degree that it is now.

Archived