Why fiverr doesn't allow messages that contain words like "payment", "pay" etc

archanawpngfx

As you can see my profile, I am a wordpress website designer so a lot of people contact me for website design and they always mention that they need to have some payment gateway system for their website and their message just doesn’t get deliver.

How to overcome this problem? any suggestion? Recently completed one big project, but it was really hard for both buyer and me to converse about payment systems.

You can just go ahead and use those words anyway. A warning will pop up automatically, but your message will still go through. I have a writing gig and frequently write emails for my customers. “Email” is also a forbidden word, but I have to use it all the time and I do.
I think certain words put up a red flag somewhere, but as long as you’re not breaking any Fiverr TOS, no-one will care.

The most likely reason is that Fiverr fears people will do transactions outside of Fiverr to avoid the 20% commission. However, if you write e-mail or “p-ayment” or “paid”, you don’t get the warning.

Fiverr also doesn’t want you contacting people outside of Fiverr. There is an exception, if you meet people on Facebook, Twitter, and then ask them to order your gigs, that’s OK. But if I order from you, all our communications should take place on Fiverr for our protection. Remember, there are some crazy people out there, there are buyers who will threaten to speak bad about you or to hire a hacker to hurt you, so the less they know about you the better.

P.S. It’s always better to refund than to fight with a buyer, even if you’re right.

Yes, I always have to use the word email when I’m talking to customers because I often write email chains for them. So far it hasn’t been a problem. I think it probably red flags you somewhere… but as long as you aren’t breaking the rules, I think Fiverr is OK with it, and doesn’t seem to bother you or mind.

Archived