Does it necessary only one mac address and one network for fiverr?

The MAC address has nothing to do with it otherwise you would be tied to one device. As for your IP address. It’s not a simple matter of using the one IP otherwise people being allocated addresses using DHCP, which is the case with a lot of ISP’s would soon run into problems.

People do use different computers with different MAC addresses and log in from different locations. I use hotspots all the time and travel around with my laptop.

You cannot have different accounts so if you are wondering how they would catch you if you did this, it is with your IP address.

No website can see your mac address as its not being sent. Fiverr will see:
Who’s your service provider, your ip, your location, what browser you use, your browser language settings, the referring url + some other minor things. That + whatever information you submitted in your profile or elsewhere on the site is all they have to go on when determining if your using multiple accounts.

This does mean when accessing your fiverr account from other than your personal ip (hotels, mobile or other connections with dynamic ips) there is a risk that someone else has also logged in using same ips at some point and your account could be penalized. However from what i read on the forums when fiverr has suspected someone to use multiple accounts they have asked people to confirm their identity by sending documentation to fiverr.

thats not completely correct about the MAC address. there are plenty of ways to extract a devices MAC address and this is one of the ways that “dodgy” people who are banned from services or sites stay banned.

Archived