A message to forum Mods and ADmins

esthernyambura

I was just wondering whether it is a good idea to make a permanent post for newbies (How to get your first sale) on each and every category excluding Tips for buyers and bugs…I know that i am not supposed to tell you what to do but it was just an idea since i have read lots of newbies posts asking the same question

It’s fine to make suggestions. There are actually hundreds of posts on the topic of first sales as well as a podcast. Usually some of the are permanently pinned at the top of several categories, but that functionality us temporarily not working.

Unfortunately many new sellers seem to post without reading or trying out the existing ideas on the forums or the Fiverr Academy. Many also seem to think there is a big secret that is the ticket to success, but of course it’s just plain hard work. 🙂

Alongside that are the ones that seem to not like the answers so they come back and ask the same question again. They don’t use the tips they are given the first time or they argue with them, and then they fish for more tips or pity. I am glad there are people still willing to respond to them, though, since I suppose there is an occasional willing listener!

It gets tiring to see that question constantly. Almost without fail their gigs have major problems that never get corrected such as:

more than one account
fake profile picture
very bad English
samples of their work that were taken from the internet
fake reviews
wrong country listed on their profile
fake experience on their profile

Sure, i agree that newbies who post “how do I get sales” do not bother to read what’s already available on the subject. Often they don’t even come back to read the answers to their question.
But, Not all
At least 20% out of 100% will be willing to read and apply the tips provided

Archived