Level 1 seller banned - How do i know the reason?

icestartup

My Level 1 seller account that I started 2 months ago is banned. The reason given was - “Our system has brought to our attention irregular activity originating from your electronic location. After further review, we’ve permanently disabled your account for violations of our Terms of Service. You are welcome to contact us again in 45 days to inquire about any orders or revenues you may have left in your account.”

I have no clue what the reason is. As far as i know I have followed the TOS. All my subsequent replies asking for the exact reason was neglected (Both in social media and email)

So I have lost hope on getting a reply and started a new account. I have 3 doubts -

1. I started a new account because earlier account was banned. Is this against TOS?
  2. Will I get my funds back after 45 days? What is the process?
  3. Does Fiverr support give noncanned replies? This is very important for me to choose to continue in this platform.

Regards
Adam

You already know the reason. Fiverr Customer Support already told you: “Our system has brought to our attention irregular activity originating from your electronic location." if you need further clarification, ask them. We cannot help you with that issue here on the forums – it is between you and CS. We are not CS here on the forums.

To answer your questions:

1.) Yes, is it against the rules of Fiverr to have more than one account.

2.) You’ll have to remain in contact with CS in regards to any funds after those 45 days.

3.) Fiverr Customer Support responds in whatever format they deem necessary. A real person from their staff, does, however, handle the issues that are presented to them. Again, though, you need to talk to them, not us. We cannot resolve CS issues, fix problems, or speak for CS here on the forums.

Thank you. I asked them in email support, Facebook and Twitter and I got no replies.

If you ask me what the reason might be I will tell you -
My last buyer for whom I was making a $50 website wanted a Mailchimp email opt in form. So i asked her to give me her API key (which is a standard process). Instead, she sent me the entire html and PHP script for her opt in form that is copied from Mailchimp. Just after this happened I messaged her back saying “Please do not worry about Mailchimp, I will handle it with just the API code once the website is moved to your sever”.

Half an hour later I get an email that my account has lost a Level. Later I learned that it is not a Level drop but a ban.

My speculation is that the Fiverr staff might have checked my messages and then they would have seen a script in my message box sent by my buyer !! Not me. So its her mistake. Instead of banning her they seem to have banned me. Or maybe they banned her also, who knows! Its a classic example of reading without context. I cannot blame Fiverr because they are handling 1000 service request a day. I cannot blame anyone but me for my circumstances.

Regards
Adam

API stands for Application Programming Interface. If you want to link your website to another application (Facebook, mailchimp .etc) without knowing email and password you use API code. It actually increases security because giving out email and password is not safe.

Actually I asked Fiverr for the reason but I asked in a very disrespectful way because I was super disappointed and reactive. So they chose not to answer back to me. Now I asked them kindly and they replied. Said they will talk to Trust and Safety team and tell me the reason. Lets hope I figure it out.

Thank for your reply misscrystal, you have the most interesting gigs I have seen here 🙂

Users are removed from Fiverr for breaking the TOS/rules, chronic and willful scamming, fraud, etc. Fiverr does not ban users for being given low gig reviews. Although, many negative reviews may automatically drop your gigs down in the search results.

• 2 years later...

@jonbaas
And why would a seller (me) who worked steadily w/ perfect reviews & customer service with my clients 100% on time delivery etc etc be suddenly dropped down in the search results to the point where even my past buyers cannot locate me in the search results ie I get ZERO traffic now - and CS has never once given me a reason for the ‘shadowing’ of my profile no matter how many times I inquire & screen shot my history ~

It’s gone on almost a year now

Users are removed from Fiverr for breaking the TOS/rules, chronic and willful scamming, fraud, etc. Fiverr does not ban users for being given low gig reviews. Although, many negative reviews may automatically drop your gigs down in the search results.

@jonbaas

And why would a seller (me) who worked steadily w/ perfect reviews & customer service with my clients 100% on time delivery etc etc be suddenly dropped down in the search results to the point where even my past buyers cannot locate me in the search results ie I get ZERO traffic now - and CS has never once given me a reason for the ‘shadowing’ of my profile no matter how many times I inquire & screen shot my history ~

It’s gone on almost a year now

Archived