Buyers - NEVER give sellers your email or contact information!

writer99025

Lost a gig recently because a client asked for my passport, address, email, s***e and i denied…i explained why i cant, after a week, he said fine, lets do this, then he asked again after few convo, and i gave him same reasons…

Asked for custom offer, and i did send…after that he did not pay, and he said he is scared, first time on fiverr…I came him the assurance, he asked for same mail, s***e and address at least…I withdrew my custom offer, and he never came back 🙂

I find it ridiculous and still giggles about it

Currently a post appears in every forum category near the top and it has instructions on how to submit a Customer Support ticket. It is very easy to contact Fiverr through the ticket system and there is also a full featured “help” area on that page with articles on many different subjects.

favicon.icoFiverr Forum
http://puu.sh/oFFL1/7187a929df.jpg

How to Submit a Support Ticket ✉ FIVERRCONTACT

For those who cannot find the ticketing system here os a link to contact Customer Support. ✉ Also, as of April 2017 a video created by @smks15 has been added to the bottom of this thread for those who would like a video reference. ? On that page...

Reading time: 1 mins ? Likes: 66 ❤

I’d just like to highlight something specific from the TOS:

“…in order to circumvent or abuse the Fiverr messaging system or Fiverr platform…”

@jonbaas is right about reading the TOS, but it also does not state that you should report other people because they are not following the intent of the TOS (at least I didn’t see that anywhere). You should only report those you know or suspect are specifically trying to bypass Fiverr.

New Buyers that happily paste their contact info into messages without reading the TOS are not automatically trying to “circumvent or abuse” anything.

(This is not offered as advice/assistance - I’m not responsible for your use of my comments.)

Did you try sending it to yourself (send it to your own email)? Then you can give the seller the code that you copied out of the email. Usually links/codes can be used that way. This way neither of you has to give an email address to the other.

I’m not sure about what kind of work this is, but if the Seller just needs FTP access you could create an FTP account for only a specific area of your site and give them the username and password for that, then delete that FTP account after the work is complete. Unless your account doesn’t allow you to limit the FTP user to a specific area, of course. Also, don’t give out the primary FTP login.

Archived