I Always Buy From The NEWy

rodjordan

@jey242 LOL. None of your guesses was correct. He was just laying around, and then I called his name, he tried to get up lazily and I quickly took his picture 😛

@emmaki Yeah, some treats would have made him excited, but somehow I just didn´t give him, I don´t really remember why (but I remember he got dinner not too long after I took that photo). LOL, he can´t lick his balls anymore coz he has been sterilized, although sometimes he still likes to lick on that part 😛

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole approach is a great idea. The fact that you would be selfless enough to consider someone else and be willing to offer your assistance is an incredible move @rodjordan and that to me speak volumes. And although it’s true that we were all new at 0 sales at some point; it is important to note that this is a strategic move not petty at all, since newbies are hungrier for sales and more importantly reviews. So the level of service and quality of the work will be, 9 out of 10 times be satisfying. As a newbie, I should know.

Great thoughts, Rod. My first gig went live just a couple of days ago and early this morning I posted my first request. I would have checked out the “New” section if I had known about it. Just spotted it now for those looking . . . it’s under the category “Other”, subcategory “New”. Thanks!

See my response to one of your replies, below - and, no, I don’t have a chip on my shoulder. I think you are the one with the chip on your shoulder. You seem to always come back fighting (although, I admit, since writing my replies here, I have seen other posts where you have contributed helpfully and respectfully, so I take back some of my sarcasm and apologize - I just don’t know why you’re being so harsh to everyone that disagrees with you on this thread).

As to where you’ve said you’re oh so much better than all those newbies - I was referring to your responses in this thread in general, not just one particular response. Things like,

“…the problem isn’t Fiverr, it’s probably new sellers and their excuses…”;

“You know what I did when I started here? I did my research, I set up some gigs, then I waited for customers. Then they came to me. Then more came to me. The rest, as they say is history…At no point in this process did I wheedle, whine or cry to anyone” (implying that newbies wheedle, whine and cry, and you’re better than them because you didn’t do that);

“Darling; I’ve just enjoyed a day of wining and dining up the Greek mountainside overlooking the Libyan Sea. What is this shitposter doing? What are you doing? I’m bragging about my TRS lifestyle obviously, but I felt this post deserved it”;

“I produce more than you, so I get a shiny little badge”.

Need I go on? Anyways, even if you weren’t trying to say that you’re better than all of us newbies, that is the impression I got, and I suspect other people may have too.

I apologize for my snarkiness. It is hard to not reply to snarkiness with more snarkiness.

As for vinegar vs. honey - I actually have tested with fruit fly infestations: apple cider vinegar in a jar covered by Saran Wrap, with a few holes poked through it, does an awesome job of catching the fruit flies. The same trap with honey instead vinegar caught zero flies. So the old adage about catching more flies with honey than with vinegar is actually wrong. 😉 Maybe it works for bees and wasps, I don’t know - haven’t tested it. Not that I would want to catch them - I need them for my garden!

I wasn’t making an assumption about you being insecure. I was making an inquiry and suggesting a possible response (along the lines of, “methinks the lady doth protest too much” - Shakespeare, I believe). I try not to make assumptions.

Ok, so I can see that you “enjoy some drama.” I was beginning to suspect that. Correct me if I’m wrong, but doesn’t that make you a Troll? I’ve never completely understood what “trolling” on forums entails, but my understanding is that it is going on forums for the express purpose of stirring up trouble and putting people down. Am I right?

Perhaps, since, like I’ve said, I’ve now seen you being helpful on other threads, you might step on fewer toes if you preface your “stirring the pot” posts with a warning, such as “controversial post alert. Do not read if you are easily offended”. Just saying… It can be hard to judge the true spirit of a post without tone of voice. I occasionally play devil’s advocate, but I generally let people know that’s what I’m doing.

If you find the “how do I make the sales” posts so tiresome and boring, why come to the Tips for New Sellers forum, when you know that there are bound to be plenty, here?

As for my novella - yeah, I tend to be long-winded. Sorry. I try to make sure that there is no chance of my being misunderstood. Guess I failed on that one, since I wasn’t “detailing my frustration”. I’m not frustrated, except by people assuming I’m frustrated when I’m not 😉 I came here looking for tips on selling, since this forum is called, “Tips for Sellers”, planning on just reading every thread until I found something useful, but couldn’t resist putting my two cents worth in, since it seemed that there were some unjustified accusations being thrown around, and I hate seeing people falsely or unjustly accused.

Perhaps your suggestion to use the search box might be a good one - at least quicker than reading every single thread. What search terms do you suggest (since I’m not even really sure what it is I should be looking for)?

Maybe it would be helpful if some Admin would pin a few particularly useful posts for the newbies, so we don’t have to keep getting into squabbles like this.

Anyways, thanks for the response. Hope I haven’t “stirred your pot” too much with my response!

Right now I’m reading more than responding since this thread as a lot of controversy in it and I’m not ready to get entirely involved until I finish it.

However, I do want to point out that every forum category already has some great posts pinned. They rotate occasionally, so you won’t always find the same thing. However, I and the other admins have pinned useful tips on these subjects and they are there waiting, but many people post without reading them. In particular, I recommend the pins in Tips for Sellers, Fiverr FAQ, Improve my Gig and My Fiverr Gigs. I’m not sure how they were missed so far, but take a look.

EDIT: It just came to my attention that the pinned posts have come undone. I don’t know when or why. Under investigation.

• 4 weeks later...

Damn there are a lot of comments which I did not read at all. But I am going to post my opinion. Its always a great thing to buy from new sellers because it help them grow there sales and they can offer more then the other top sellers.

New sellers are quick and always willing to provide many revisions to get a good review. So I think its a good thing to buy from newbies.

Out with the OLDy, in with the NEWy. @corvega, I don’t think what boils down to “lol” is a good reason to post on an old post.

I’m not complaining–it’s been fun seeing how well some people who tutted at me are doing. Let’s revive the argument! Or let’s not. Whatever.

Guest iconicseo

Hello,

We are web developers and we have few local clients who wants SEO work.

We check your review and it is excellent.

We want to place order of SEO work for our local clients.

Which information do you require for our website SEO work?

Regards,
Iconicseo

Specially i will create pdf fillable forms for your organization in just of 5$ per gig 1 gig= 3 pdf pages

Services:
PDF

• Fillable Registeration Form
• Fillable Contact Form
• Fillable Job Form
• Fillable Event Registeration Form
• Fillable Product Order Form
• Fillable Application Form
• Fillable Feedback Form
• Fillable Survey Form
• Fillable Services Form
• Fillable Education Form