I Always Buy From The NEWy

rodjordan

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am totally new and I agree with both rodjordan and cyaxrex.

First, Everybody is a newbie at some time.
Second, It is not a charity… It is business.

Though, I am a newbie, I tend to agree more with cyarex, but certainly do not disagree with rodjordan who understands that people are there with no sales at all at some point. If everybody will go out and buy only from the experienced ones, how will anybody get the experience.
The fact is, people always buy from 0 sales sellers too, that’s how only they become level 1,2 and TRS.

I hated and disliked the review exchange system I came to know that exists, but the moment I found out that fiverr actually dislikes them and tries to hunt them down gave me a sense of trust. I feel more comfortable working in an honest biome and not a place where people play tricks to game the system.

But, the fact is, I have no sales till now and also, I have no idea how will I get my first sale.

So, thanks to both of you guys…I am here trying to understand how fiverr works and how the whole ecosystem works…

It’s not that way.
If every buyer will keep ordering gigs of top rated sellers then I don’t think new sellers are going to make their way because competition is quite high here and how many new and unique gig or service you can create if fiverr is already saturated with them all.

yes and no. If you started when Fiverr fist began you have a huge advantage. Like any business. People find it very hard to make changes so they stick with the same Co and buy from the same svcs because they already know what they and dont want to deal with change …human nature.

In my opinion, if ANYONE is going to get started with a business, they need to really take the initiative… to put in the work, to market, and to learn from mentors and others’ mistakes. Hopefully they have some kind of past experience that they can apply to working with people here on Fiverr (or any business for that matter).

It’s more than just ‘hard work’. It’s maintaining an experience with your clients, and showing folks that you are not only professional to work with, but that you are a great person to work with… No matter how “New” or “Experienced” you are, it’s about respect and service toward the client. And if you have that riding with great work… it’s only a matter of time before success finds you. But you just have to have the patience to sit through the time it takes to find the road of progress. Everyone’s life and road is different. It could happen quickly… it MAY take a long time… Giving up is the worst thing to do, and that has to be the biggest mistake new folks make… is quitting before they get their feet dirty.

It’s nice that some folks are willing to search over the new folks in a listing… it means you are open minded. Just because someone is new DOES NOT mean they are not talented. Just because they have no reviews yet, does not mean they are not worthy of work. You don’t know someone’s background, past life, or what they did before Fiverr. So in that sense, it all just comes down to being aware BEFORE ORDERING, who is actually going to do good work for you, and who is here to rip you off with unprofessional work, and that awareness comes from studying samples, their description, and the “Preview” they have to offer before really getting started.

Don’t knock on folks that are new, you never know what you’ll find! I’ve seen Top Sellers on here that make a living by ripping people off… and it’s just business… hey if you can sell it, and it’s making money, can’t knock it!

I think this post just came at an interesting time where Fiverr has made some changes introducing the packages new widgets to sellers which made a lot of top sellers gigs go down in rank and not making sales as it used to be.

That’s why you started to see more top sellers in the forums … which leads to another conclusion that your presence online and in the forums does really help your sales.

And here is a word of advise " if your gig sell good … don’t change it" and don’t even edit anything in it

emmaki why are you so angry?
Did Rodjordan come to your house and torture you?
Ok, ok, ok. It’s obvious that you worked hard to become a TRS, and that you made your way through life with no help from anyone. Bravo on that. But why let your anger at those who didn’t help you as a child (at least that is what your behavior here seems to convey), be triggered by a struggling newbie writing a post on the forum? It’s just the freakin internet for god’s sake.
Plus , since the forums make you so mad, why not turn off your computer and take a walk outside? You are a TRS, so why do you even need the forums? You’re a success on this site, why read tips for new sellers? Why change what was a nice atmosphere here to a bitter and angry one? It’s a shame that you do that.

Dictionary definition of PROPORTION:
1.comparative relation between things or magnitudes as to size, quantity, number, etc.; ratio.
2.proper relation between things or parts

I wish us all the ability to see things in the right proportions and be kind to each other.

Archived