I Always Buy From The NEWy

rodjordan

I have another gig with a friend which is all artsy and creative that have dozens of orders per week. This new account that I decided to offer which is what I do for a living seems to take a lot longer to build momentum.

To answer the OP, I think Fiverr the way it is is pretty fair. More front page promotion that’s able to advertise hundreds of new gigs strategically to people looking for the service offered would be a great addition.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a capitalist global economy. We, the workers (you and I both) produce the capital. I produce more than you, so I get a shiny little badge. You are a new seller, and you start off on the bottom rung and work your way up, exploiting yourself by overdelivering for peanuts until you reach a certain experience level where you get more money and more kudos (in this particular system, badges, sometime extra promotion through featured gigs, ability to charge $100 per gig extra, all the other stuff).

At the top is the fat cat, Fiverr, the master for whom we all labor and give our tithe of 20% (which is arguably worth it terms of the “free” marketing, another inherently capitalist concept).

The onus lies on the new competitor to the market to sell themselves and their USP, not on others to help them out. That is very much a courtesy and a labor of kindness on the part of old sellers and buyers who want to improve the system and help good new sellers and buyers to become a part of the community for the benefit of the whole system.

Why does talking about an economic system make any of us think we are capitalists? Have you not stopped to consider that the world we live in is a capitalist one, and by default, 99% of us are forced to be capitalist in order to survive (regardless of our own political leanings)?

Here is the news: you have 4 sales, and you are yet another new seller insisting that we should all buy from surprise, surprise…newbies.

Uh, hilarious?

Survival of the fittest. As some of the other posters previously stated sales are not owed or guaranteed to anyone here(an environment where goods and services are exchanged for cash). As a seller it is your responsibility to place yourself in the best possible position to make as much sales as you can.

I think there is a good number of old sellers are offended by this post … though this wasn’t the idea from this post at all … but it’s really interesting how people react when it comes to their interest even knowing that it won’t effect any of their sales from newcomers who always prefer the top sellers.

To be fair. Some of the top sellers commented in a very logical and very polite way while people like emmaki even went to bad language.

Interesting …
enjoy happy Fiverring and stay friendly

I always buy from:

Young sellers.
American sellers.
Male sellers.
gay sellers.
sellers with 5 stars.

I always buy from ______ s. Buying from the High Rank is always running and selling itself to new comers on Fiverr, but I think that we as a Fiverr community should help each other and give a chance to each other.

Buy from whatever kind of seller you choose to but don’t expect others to do the same.

Guest article_profits

I believe this is a good selfless thing to do but on the other hand, some new sellers are very lazy and expect to see results.

Competition doesn’t exist. It’s simply a mindset.

If you believe that you are better, provide quality work and can deliver on time.

There really shouldn’t be any issues.

Waiting for your luck to “Work out” isn’t the mentality to have when it comes to being your own boss, running a business or simply wanting better.

Never compete on price because you’ll always be working for peanuts. (or losing money)

And never attempt to over guarantee your work with unlimited revisions and silliness to try and get the sale.

People who look for that type of seller are the most difficult to work with and the most difficult to please.

I ordered a gig from a new seller with a 1 day delivery.
It’s 4 days late and I haven’t heard a word.

If it was more than $5 I’d probably have cancelled by now.
(which i’ll get to shortly)

Also, When I started out in February my first sale came within just a few hours.
Fiverr sent me the traffic and the sale.

I think they do a pretty good job of helping the “little” guy.
But the little guy needs to help themselves first.

As a new seller who recently became a level 2 seller.
I’ve got no complaints.

Fiverr started a couple of years ago.

Try 2010, dear. Many of today’s successful sellers got started when Fiverr was already popular. As I pointed out below… the problem isn’t Fiverr, it’s probably new sellers and their excuses.

He wants you to buy his gigs. Every single seller who posts this kind of message is basically waving a “hire me plz” sign around. It’s why they get annoyed when pretty much everyone else says “no”.

Just take a quick look through the thread: aside from some other unlevelled new sellers, it’s a pretty lukewarm response. This one is different in that he claims to buy gigs (member since March 2016) and is telling everyone that we MUST do it…for the sake of fairness.

All very risible and, well, shitposty.

So, you don’t think that all people when starting out in a career, or working in a new office, need to work their way up and prove themselves? You think they should just get the corner office, the coffee and the works for the sake of fairness?

Of course people generally prefer to pick someone with experience and multiple orders and great reviews: social proof is a powerful thing. OP’s original premise is flawed. Like you, he just wants more sales, and this shitpost is a way of garnering them (so he thinks).

I like what you said about unlimited revisions. It just attract the customers. Believe me I sort it out in 3 or 4 all the time. Though some indian buyers really want unlimited revisions for $5. e.g one asked for a 20th (as far I do remember) revision after a month of order completing date lol. Now I don’t take $5 orders from indian buyers 😃

Archived