I Always Buy From The NEWy

rodjordan

If you are a seller you must buy some services that would help your gig or you own site. When I do buy services from Fiverr I always look in the NEW section and that’s to give a chance to the less fortunate to make a sale and encourage them with there new Fiverr experience.

Buying from the High Rank is always running and selling itself to new comers on Fiverr, but I think that we as a Fiverr community should help each other and give a chance to each other.

Even Fiverr itself gives a chance to NEW Fiverrs in playing the fair game and promoting new gigs and new posts and products.

I will always keep buying from the NEW ones and I got great results from new Fiverrs which is a thing that I encourage Fiverr community on doing.

Enjoy Fiverring…

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem here is that Fiverr doesn’t have a hammer and sickle as a logo and is not a charity. Fiverr already helps new sellers by allowing their gigs to feature prominently in search results. If new sellers can’t get sales or build reviews themselves after this, they are simply proving that they don’t have the skills or mental acumen to make it any further.

This might sound harsh but pity sales and things like review swaps are exactly why there is a prevalence of people on Fiverr who can’t do squat and bring the whole platform into disrepute. The best thing that any individual can do to benefit themselves and the wider Fiverr community is simply to work hard, deliver high-quality work and when things seem to be going wrong, set themselves the task of improving their situation.

It’s called capitalism baby.

While I somehow agree with rodjordan´s honorable words, and I am often tempted to act that way to a certain limit, which is provided that the new seller has shown a real effort to set up his/her gig(s) properly, I would be more inclined to second cyaxrex´s views and explanations on the subject.

I am talking to new ppl on fiverr and not ppl like you who made it long ago.
I respect the hard working part you’re talking about here, and my suggestion is not to petty buy from someone. A good new gig can really tell you that this person can do it.

You can do what you like. frankly, I buy for whoever I think it’s best. Sometimes I need fast and cheap, sometimes I’m willing to pay a little more.

When I buy from a new seller, I’d like to see portfolio samples or at least a well-written gig description. I also don’t trust people who overpromise, I don’t need unlimited revisions for example, I will never ask for more than one revision and ideally, I would like to get something that doesn’t require revisions.

I just want to say: Yay for capitalism! I am so glad that there are no hammers or sickles to be seen as logos on Fiverr, and also very happy to see someone pointing that out! =)

But also, buying from new sellers can sometimes be a good strategy. I signed up on the site around 6 months ago and made a gig, then forgot about it until someone placed an order out of the blue. Now that person is my most loyal customer, and I’m sure she was happy to initially receive a high quality service for such a ridiculously low price.

Fiverr started a couple of years ago. So the ones who started then, comparatively got it smooth. Starting now, one has to face really really hard competition. Even if you are extremely good at what you do, even way better than many top sellers; you still have to wait for your luck to work out and nobody knows how long it may take. Every body is determined to deliver his best; only if he gets a chance to do so. I highly appreciate @rodjordan for spreading this message.

There’s something to be said from buying from new sellers. Aside from the fact that is gives chance to those only starting out on fiverr, it also gives you access to new and emerging talents, with little or no order in queue (yet), has fast delivery times and are willing to prove themselves.

It may be riskier ordering from the new guys, but hey, somebody took a risk on us when we were starting out right?

Can’t everyone just buy from whoever they think is best, irregardless of how many trinkets and reviews they may or may not have? These semi-constant posts from new sellers demanding pity sales or only buying from “newbies” because they work harder/are better because not resting on laurels/etc/can’t be bothered/close your eyes and stick a pin on the board, you’ll find another reason are pretty boring.

Here’s a tip. Instead of making these tedious posts which will get you 0 sales, why not pull your finger out your entitled/desperate ass and take some of the tips that work and apply them?

You know what I did when I started here? I did my research, I set up some gigs, then I waited for customers. Then they came to me. Then more came to me. The rest, as they say is history. The only real advice outside of that is to pick something you’re actually good at, that Fiverr doesn’t hate (no review gigs, etc) and work hard overdelivering to get those first few reviews.

At no point in this process did I wheedle, whine or cry to anyone. Try doing that. Oh–and when I started, people were having the same “Fiverr is oversaturated with sellers now, it’s not possible for newbies to start here” complaints as now. So STFU about that as well.

It’s capitalism, not rocket science. This rant is more or less directed at anyone who puts posts up like this or slips in bad promotional posts on the forum suggesting that people need to try new people when looking for a [random] service. You ain’t foolin’ anyone, buttercup. Go build some portfolio proof of your skills instead.

I always buy gigs from new sellers but it’s so unfortunate that Fiverr support banned my level 2 account of 3 months with ore than 160+ reviews.

I created this new account about 4 hours ago and became A NEW SELLER AGAIN. I’m still adding gigs because I take my time for description and right now I have just 3 gigs.

So annoying!

keep on posting your gigs on “my fiverr gigs” and keep on with the groups … like or comment and you’ll be noticed … also if you make a post like this one where you would speak your opinion about something, people will start interacting with you and looking at your gigs and so on…

keep it up and happy Fiverring…

I think this is a good post that dragged your attention… and made you talk about different subjects such as Capitalism … but I have some news for you … YOU ARE NOT CAPITALIST or even near it if you sold for couple of thousands … hilarious

Archived