Scammers

chrisdoyle332

So recently I commissioned a gig from a user by the name of “***********”. The work he came back with in 2 days was, in simple terms, fraud. He searched on google for something that looked similar, copied and pasted and then slapped some generic font over it. When I seen this, I quickly attempted to cancel the order, this is when I seen how Fiverr needs to improve.

Here is how easy it is for a scammer to profit on Fiverr.

Step 1: Create profile and upload fraudulent portfolio.
Step 2: Create a “click-bait” style advertisement.
Step 3: Accept a gig and produce the fraudulent work.
Step 4: Accept the money.

If by Step 4 the fraudulent work has become obvious then the buyer can cancel the order, but you as a scammer don’t want that right? You want that fraud money! So all you need to do is DECLINE their cancellation, they can submit a ticket to the resolution centre but the ticket doesn’t go to Fiverr…no no no, the ticket goes to you, the scammer. Nobody other than you and your victim will see it therefore no liability right? Seems hard to believe but it is. The website itself is a breeding ground for scams and bad intentions. The sheer amount of copyright infringement on here is insane.

Image removed due to forum rules violation.

The resolution center is not used to submit a ticket. If you had politely asked on the forum instead of breaking the rules by name calling, you could have received information on how to submit a ticket. The resolution center is used before you submit a ticket so there is an opportunity to resolve an issue without Fiverr involvement, and that is as it should be.

If that doesn’t work, you can contact CS anytime, the ticket does go directly to Fiverr staff and they will assist you if they find the seller in the wrong. So, your scam description is incorrect since you did not include a step 5 where Fiverr can get involved and give you a refund. Perhaps it would be good to get a little more familiar with how Fiverr works before posting inaccurate information. Good luck.

I did eventually get the money back in to my Fiverr wallet this morning after a week of back and forth with the seller. Also I think it’s highly unprofessional for an Admin of a website forum to refuse a form of customer service due to someone’s ignorance of how the forums work.

Additionally, before posting to the forums there is no clear rules and regulations to state name calling is not allowed. There is simply the option to post. Also, I do know how to contact Fiverr. My experience is simply the record of what happened between me and the fraudulent seller

There are clear signs of copyright infringement and clearly this forum is not the place to go for any help seeing as an admin and a top rated seller on the website simply want to either “troll” people or shut them out.

I won’t be seeking any support, I simply won’t use the website. It’s clearly too illegitemate at the moment, maybe in a few years when the company is bigger and knows what it is doing to protect it’s users from the outset.

The forum rules are in the sidebars and in hyperlinks in many posts. It is also common sense that naming and shaming would not be allowed. In spite of all that, your post was left up so you could still have your say and only the violations were removed. One other thing for clarity, Fiverr is a platform for independent freelancers to use, not an employer of sellers.

I would like to know -what does this mean? “I think it’s highly unprofessional for an Admin of a website forum to refuse a form of customer service due to someone’s ignorance of how the forums work.” I didn’t refuse anything, I offered you the information on how to reach CS. What form of customer service was refused by an Admin? (Whether me or any of the other Admins or Moderators.) What else could have been done via the forum?

I am happy to hear you got a full refund. Unfortunately, these black sheeps do excists. I just wanted to pitch in really quick to let you know that the Admins/Mods on the forum are not Fiverr staff. In your original post you were also just writing about your experience and not seeking customer service??? I think you overreacted by lashing out @fonthaunt. Fiverr is a wonderful plattform for both buyers and sellers. There are so many talented and reliable sellers here that can help you, don’t let one bad experience discourage you.

Also I think it’s highly unprofessional for an Admin of a website forum to refuse a form of customer service due to someone’s ignorance of how the forums work.
fonthaunt is not fiverr staff. She is here helping as a volunteer and was nice enough to answer you in detail.

this forum is not the place to go for any help seeing as an admin and a top rated seller on the website simply want to either “troll” people or shut them out.

You got help, a well thought out answer, and your money back and are still slamming people who tried to help as well as the site.

Since I’m learning you Greek, let’s discover the Greek word for scam! Απατη. (ahPAtty). I got a bit lost with scammer, but it sounds like ah patreon, which has tickled my funny bones.

Speaking of which–and this won’t show on Google Translate, σκατοκεφαλος (ska…toeKEFalos) is a rude word too.

Archived