What's that 'sustainable'

designbiz

Credibility without doubt. Luck, if it exists, might snag you a few bucks but won’t sustain you. You need to be able to count on your own ability as a provider of professional services and in the early stages you’ll have to find ways to market yourself even if it’s only through buyer requests. Of course, I also wouldn’t consider freelancing on one site to be a way of counting on sustained income. Even for those already making a living on Fiverr, there are no guarantees.

What everyone else said. Nobody cares about you as a person. It’s the results that count. According to my reviews, I’m awesome. I don’t need reviews to tell me that, but the social proof is there.

Remember this: you can have a train wreck of a life, but so long as you consistently hand in good work, well, at least you’ll have some $$$ to sustain you through the car crash. Can’t help you much with the train wreck, but being defiant works for me.

This is a bogus question anyway. Nobody’s going to encourage a quick buck over sustainability.

Archived