1$ per article?! Why do we have falling standards?

indiepharm

I don´t wanna write let´s say 1000 words for $1. I am only on the internet to make me occupied. But I don´t mind if other people wanna do it. From my end, it is not about how I see other sellers. I totally understand if some sellers would do it, whatever their reasons are none of my business. But if I don´t wanna do it, it is more about me not liking super stingy people (a bit stingy is understandable for me, but super stingy is just makes me grrrr). LOL. I remember on that other site there was a buyer from a country which minimum wage is super high but (I admit I right away) pre-judged that she is super stingy. She needed a ghost writer to write but she her offer was OMG to me. I bet she would sell the writing with a much much higher price. I am not saying she was not supposed to do that cos it is up to her. If she found the writer, then good for her. But not me. I would rather spend my time that I could have spent to write for her to help charity organizations.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, this is called competition. When fiverr was new and when I used to tell my fellow freelancers about it, they thought the same about overall business model of fiverr.

I had a flash animation gig starting from $5, now I have raised my base price to $50 and I am still getting orders. Serious buyers know that price is the measure of quality. Then there are buyers who just need quantity. So consider these quantitative buyers & $1 per article sellers as “made for each other” 🙂

This is the result of international competition + known cheap freelance. Think about it: Fiverr is KNOWN for cheap services - marketed as such to buyers. Face it, buyers come here to get affordable work. Tack onto that the fact that we are competing with lower income sellers from all over the world, willing to work for halfpennies.

Worse yet, are the buyers who are actually willing to accept very low quality work for dirt cheap. I mean I’ve seen far too many subpar ‘artists’ delivering absolute dreck - and I mean true rubbish; artistic subjective liberties notwithstanding. It’s positively depressing to peruse the illustration category. The standards are in the gutters, as far as I’m concerned.

Fiverr reality: Competition favors cheap over quality. Want to make money? Lower your price -> raise your quality -> beat out the competition.

I could say more, but I’m already about to implode. Probably should go have a tea and count backwards from 100 or something.

JUST DON’T WORK WITH THEM!!
If people don’t value your work, just don’t work with them.
If people require lower quality than you provide, just don’t work with them.
If people want you to do more than you are prepared to do, just don’t work with them.

If you are selling Coke (cola 😃 ), and someone does not want to pay that much for it, you can explain the value of the Coke you sell but if they still will not pay the right price then point them towards shop brand cola instead. Don’t waste time attempting to water down the Coke to get a flavor/cost balance for them, they are not your target market. When they go and get their cheap cola drink and then go on the Coke forum to complain that cheap cola doesn’t taste like real Coke, be glad that they are not your problem. Instead, know that they probably will STILL NOT PAY for real Coke but will try a cheap cola from a different shop and have the same result.
They may find a cheap cola that they like or they might, some day, find a special offer on Coke that they are willing to pay. Good luck to them. Bottom line is, they are not your target market so don’t try to target them.

The fact is that if you do try selling them the real Coke at a cheap price, their next requirement will be free delivery and a large quantity of ice to be added to the order…
Just don’t work with them…

@glitchfool That’s the opposite of what I said. As I mentioned before, my reply was only to this quote ''I would never hire anyone to write an article in English, who comes from a part of the world that does not speak English”.

Even more, I emphasized the idea that it’s not about the nationality, but about the language skill. You can be a native and still not be capable of writing with perfect grammar.

You missunderstood my words.

Guest bidhan77

You are absolute right esthernyambura because have many newbie seller who want just some good review and they really really good and hard worker and dedicated but they are newbie so don’t get any order yet . example like me.

Review or no review, I am a newbie, though not new in what I do, but that is too frustrating and it reduces the quality or standard of this market place. Lets cut to the chase, why are we actually on Fiverr? To make gain ain’t that right? Not to make ourselves look so cheap. I do not know for you, but as for me, that’s way off the grid.

Archived