Emotional expectations for NEW & SEMI-NEW Fiverr sellers

joeyperezwest

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the other’s have mentioned, you’ll get many who won’t read it, bypass all the good information provided, and still say or ask “I can’t get orders, how do I get more sales?”. It’s like beating a dead horse. The practices you preached, TOS’s and super busy Level 2’s already know. The majority of new sellers don’t have patience, not knowing that success is a marathon. A golden post, but overlooked by those anticipating answers to their get-rich-quick mindset.

I understand, then I should write an article on building a loss leader and building up your client base on here with that. That is one easy way to make a sure killing on Fiverr but you have to have really really strong salesman skills to up sell your high quality services.

I totally agree with you seochick786 since I’m going through the same situation. It’s been a month but still I’ve got no order in-spite of having multiple gigs. Nobody wants to try new seller when they can get their job done by ordering top and experienced sellers. Even if you’re offering unique service, people can’t get to see it since 3-4 sellers per minute are becoming a part of Fiverr so your gigs are almost impossible to get clicks and views and it’s difficult to start getting orders. Sometimes it feels pointless to add another gig if you’re a new seller. Multiple gigs can help you only if you’re known already.

Joey, you have explained something that is very difficult to swallow 2 new comers. I am also new comer relatively to you guys but what I remember is…if some1 can reach to the top, it means its possible to reach there. Many times, I also hastily think that this is not going to d place where I can fulfill my dreams but then I receive an order and what I do is to concentrate on service. Thanks your words made me think that I was right when I told myself that its possible

I believe everything you said here is true, and I really wish that people will not just read it, but actually understand it. I get the feeling you will be receiving messages in your inbox saying stuff like "Hi, I read your post in the forum, it was very helpful…so can you teach me how to get more sales?"
A while ago I posted a similar topic ( you can read it here if you are interested: http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/before-you-post-how-can-i-get-sales-please-help-try-reading-this-first-it-might-help-might/ ) and within a day or so, I got many messages telling me that they have read my post and needs help. My response was "If you have read it, you should know what to do."
I hope you don’t get bombarded with the “help me” messages like I had to go through…

I think there could be a “magic day” where you get a lot of orders, a huge tip, your first big break…but the thing is, in order to be able to use that special magic, you need to train yourself to become a wizard (that requires a LOT of reading 😛 ), go search for that magic lamp with the genie inside (that search must require a lot of effort too) , or pray to the Fiverr fairy godmother everyday for several hours. You just need to put time and effort into it.

Archived