Hello! Please help take a look at my gig (:

sixvowels

Hi there! I am graduating in July and am looking to do some gigs on Fiverr while looking for jobs. I am from a business school in Singapore that emphasises on the art of presentations, and I enjoy doing the presentations for all my classes. After 7 years of presenting, I am still intrigued by this form of communicating. The design, words, and of course, presenter, is essential in getting your message across. And I’m here to help with the first two factors!

I also do infographics, and design resumes and cover letters. I can also help you find the best way to word your proposals or proofread them.

I would be so grateful if you could take a look at my gig and give this 23 year old some advice at navigating Fiverr and the design world. Thanks again!

Hi sixvowels,

Okay, the positives: Your gigs appear professional and like you know what you’re doing and that you would be able to help a client looking for presentation help, resume design, and infographics.

The problem I see is your choice of primary image. None of them are very interesting. When you’re choosing an image, I would suggest not choosing an image representing what you do unless it’s an image that’s very eye-catching. For example, I edit, but I’m not going to use an example of my editing as a primary image because then my gig would look like a piece of paper and text next to gigs with much better images. Choose a more eye-catching image for your gigs or have someone make one for you. You can check out my editing gigs to see what I mean by eye-catching. Those were done by the brilliant https://www.fiverr.com/outragegraphics/create-a-gig-cover-image-for-you?context=collections&context_type=pre_defined_default_collection.ownership_true&funnel=3c88bc4d-a1b9-44fa-8256-b345799888d8.

Also, I’m a little concerned about your infographics gig. I feel like the examples you have are ‘nice and neat’ and useful for someone who can’t make them, but they feel kind of boring. There’s no feeling of wow, like what I get from someone like the infographic on this page http://blogs.constantcontact.com/social-media-image-sizes-2016/?CC=SM_PIN. I’m not saying this to bring you down (you can make graphics much better than I can), this just might be what other people are thinking. They may be looking for ‘wow’ graphics. Because when I look at your graphics, I see bars and lines and charts, which doesn’t read ‘excitement’ to me. So maybe instead of telling people you can make ‘wow’ graphics, you can answer the problem of people who can’t make graphics/hate making graphics, instead?

Archived