Can you rely on Fiverr as a steady income source?

midohash

Hello,

The reason I am asking this question to sellers here is the extreme fluctuations in my sales on Fiverr for really misunderstandable reasons over the past 2 years!

For example, I have recently contacted the customer support asking for advice regarding my delayed revenue clearance, the response was fast and they explained the issue and reassured me,

However, I noticed a few days following ticket submission that they have removed my gigs from Fiverr search results and consequently my sales dropped down to zero!

I opened another ticket asking for the reason why my gigs had been removed from search results but the answer was vague!

In conclusion, you have to be cautious before submitting a ticket to support and not to rely on Fiverr as a steady source of income!

I suggest that you make some other gigs and keep trying since for millions fiverr is a steady income source that supports them and their families.

Any internet business where you are self employed is not as secure as a good job as an employee for a big company. And any type of internet income source is always going to be something that could possibly go away at any time but many have been here for years making fiverr work well for them as a steady income source.

Point is, things are not the same as they were back in the 1960’s and 70s’s and 80’s…we are in the internet economy…nobody has lifelong jobs except those who work for the government, rest of us have to make the best of any opportunity we get and make the most of it. And once that is taken from us, find something else.

Facebook likes gigs are now usually removed from search if noticed. They break FB rules so Fiverr doesn’t give them preference. If FB complains about the gig, Fiverr will remove it totally. The others answered your other questions so I didn’t address those.

Thank you fonthaunt, the point of concern here is why not removing all similar gigs rather than removing my gig only from search results!

It sounds that Fiverr discovered very late that these gigs break FB rules! I believe that thousands of buyers purchased from Fiverr FB, Twitter, Instagram and similar social media likes/tweets/followers … etc and they still do!

For fairness, all social media likes/tweets/followers gigs should be removed from Fiverr if it is a matter of breaching the rights of those networks!

To answer your question not really, because for a steady income you would need sufficient amount of work. And the amount of orders for me personally over fiverr fluctuate a lot, mainly because most of the buyers are looking for a one time thing. I would much rather prefer long term work, rather than just waiting on individual orders to come and go.

They remove traffic services, when such happen to come to their attention, because such services violate the terms of the site to which the service sends traffic. Violating the terms of service of, for example, Facebook also violates the terms of service of Fiverr.

If i remember two years ago in this forum only.Some sellers blaming if you are a top level sellers your service will be not take down. I have complain the some top level services to fiverr support , if they will be not take down. It means we are just wasting the time in fiverr. I am waiting for fiverr support and will be updated the support response soon here.

On the other hand, if your one-and-only basket breaks, you’re in trouble. Although I’m only a buyer here on Fiverr, I’ve been a freelancer on other sites and the old fashioned non-website way.

Sometimes a site closes down, or changes the rules making a particular business model untenable, or otherwise runs into problems. Just ask the writers who used to rely on Demand Studios or Helium for their incomes. Or the instructors on Udemy right now…

Of course, I hope that doesn’t happen to Fiverr, but sellers might be wise to at least keep an eye on other options, just in case the wind turns.

Yes You can rely on Fiverr, I am working here full time and loving it. There are million ways to make money from fiverr. You can do it too. You only have 2 gigs for sale try uploading more of what you can do best.

2nd thing is Facebook don’t like people selling its likes so they take it the hard way that is why fiverr is removing most of the fb like gigs from search.

Then they have to remove “web traffic” category. I have seen most of the top rate sellers are just making fool by using the keyword unlimited traffic. When you read the description , they have written 80-100 visitors per day so where is unlimited. I can check any one traffic by using the third party software such as adsmeans web analytics. If a seller traffic did not pass the adsmeans web analytics it means it is low quality or fake traffic.

You are happy because nothing wrong yet in fiverr. I think you are not involve in share market. It means do not invest all amount in 1 company. Take the back up. When you do not have the money , how did you buy the second basket. Hope you understand what i mean?

Archived