Fake Reviews – Everyone Is Doing It

amirde

On Fiverr i get a message about review exchange every week, I have declined their requests because i consider it illegal way of getting reviews. But it must be working and how does fiverr deal with such people. some of them have hundreds of sales and reviews. A recent message i got:

"
good day amir,
im ___ from Indonesia, im new arrival, i just want to offer you for gig review exchange, i buy your gig and you buy one of my gig and we both give good review each other,

how about that, ?

i wait for your cooperation

thanks
"

How do you guys deal with them, and do you consider it legal?

“Everyone” is not doing it. It is clearly stated in the ToS that review manipulation is a violation. While some people may try it and even get away with it, if it’s caught later the account will likely be banned. I would hate to see a new user get caught up in this while their account is fresh and then lose all their hard work if the account is rapidly banned after level 1or 2.

Just click report on the foolish users trying to offer fakes and move on.

I’ve never purchased reviews because it’s a waste of money. Simply buying good reviews might get you to level 1 or level 2, but buying reviews won’t do anything to get you ranked. If you want to improve your ranking, that requires a high volume of traffic, multiple repeat clients, and more. And, believe it or not, but Fiverr does have a trust and confidence team that actively monitors patterns among Fiverr sellers. I’m not aware of everything they do, so I couldn’t tell you what they’ve done lately, but I know they’re out there because every so often somebody will pop up on the ranting pot complaining about such-and-such seller who got shut down. Just say “no” to paid reviews and review exchanges. They don’t nearly as much as you think, and if you get caught you could lose everything you tried to build.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived