How To Go From A Newbie Seller, To $1000 Or More A Month!

simplysoccerpro

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: How are you making a consistent $1000 if you’ve only got 200 reviews on your gig … and your others are not selling? You doing some massive $50 orders on each sale or something? The numbers just don’t add up here…

Half of the tips are about making sure you kiss the customer’s butt and over delivering for everyone… I can’t buy into that … but I’m sure it works… And it devalues the rest of us tbh… … The people who don’t feel like bowing down to everyone for $5. … Not being late on an order is obviously something everyone should do. I’m replying to the fact that I dont think people should over deliver past a certain extent here… Do it for some good early reviews… keep doing it and you devalue the entire economy 1 person at a time.

I think you misinterpreted what I meant by over delivering. Like I said, you do not have to break your back, but if you provide value to your customer, they will appreciate it. I suggested giving just a little more than you advertise. This isn’t just a tactic used on Fiverr, plenty of businesses adopt the mindset of providing a lot of value.

Yes, showing respect for your clients, providing them with value and acting professional must mean you’re kissing their butts. Really?

The only two things I mentioned about customers was being respectful, and to try over delivering (essentially offering them more value). I also mentioned not to be a pushover and to stand firm, or did you miss that part? You are under no obligation to do anymore than you want. But if I want to offer my client a little extra for buying from me, then that is my prerogative.

I’m assuming then that you completely ignored the other areas such as experimenting, being organized, treating it as a business, etc. Do you only cherry pick the advice you don’t like and then ignore the rest?

The best part of your post is where you claim that by me offering my customers more value I am devaluing not just you, but the entire economy. What a claim! Complete victim mentality my friend. It’s like saying that if you aren’t able to achieve what you want, well then it’s my fault for “devaluing you”.

Take it into your own hands dude. Don’t blame me or anyone else for something not going your way. I don’t reply in this way to be mean, I do it because I think a lot of what you said will hold you back. You may not heed anything I say here, but realize that most of what I wrote above I learned from people who are incredibly successful.

So, you have a choice now. You can certainly react to what I’ve just written and attack me, I assure you that won’t effect me in the least. Or you can try some new methods and see for yourself if they work.

And dude, I really am not trying to attack you. I’ve looked at your profile and your gigs and I’m really impressed. If you don’t want to take the advice of over delivering, then don’t! But don’t let that deter you from the rest of it which may help you.

Its a great one here dude. Nice write-up. One thing i want to mention. I personally like your business mindset and pattern. I carefully read through the entire comments and i love the way you handled some comments in a mature, firm and straightforward manner. Greater you…

your thoughts are very usefull for beginners that they work only for money… they don’t have any idea how to make future client… i have many crown clients because of the thing that you said… work with honesty and be responsible for the job…

I agree with all of the above OP. When I receive an order whether it’s on my various jobs outside of Fiverr and on Fiverr I will set a mock deadline. I.e., say the customer wants their order done in three days I will set my own deadline for two days to avoid being late.

Also, I agree with over delivering regardless if it’s ‘only’ $5 as I will treat each and every gig professionally. When dealing with a business less is NOT more. I like my clients to walk away feeling like I treated their job with respect and that I threw in a little bonus for allowing me to do the job.

I just started out with Fiverr and I’ve already had a great experience with a buyer and I over delivered and he greatly appreciated. Building a trusting relationship with buyer/seller is key to any business inside or outside of Fiverr.

Terrific post and thanks for sharing!

That’s a good question. Make sure you are not selling yourself short. There have been many times where I have quoted a customer at over $50 because of what they wanted and I have been reluctant to do so because I thought the sale wouldn’t go through. However, that is what the gig calls for and I’m not willing to undervalue my service.

You’ll find that many customers will happily pay that much for your service if it’s a good service. I just closed a sale around $80 today and my client was more than happy to do so.

Sometimes people will refuse to pay the amount they need to. In this case just politely explain that that is your price and that you understand that not everyone can pay it, but you will not budge from it. You’ll find that many people are looking for $50 gigs to be done for $5. The best thing to do with people like this is to be polite and move on.

The more orders you do like this, the more used to it you’ll become. I urge you not to drastically drop your price to appease a customer though. I did that in the beginning where I would end up doing $50 plus gigs for like $10-$20 and it wasn’t worth it.

Never be afraid to be assertive with your price. Don’t be rude, be polite. But also stand firm.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Archived