How to optimize your gig

palabara

Hello, Fiverr people.

So not to long ago, I wrote a post about how to write a description. A lot of people found it very helpful, so I decided to continue and push it forward on how to optimize you gig and make it “stand out more”

Before I begin my shpill… A disclaimer: First I am fiverr seller like you guys, I am NOT a fiverr employee, mod, admin etc… but if they want to offer me a job I’ll humbly consider it lol. Everything I write is just from my own experience here on fiverr, I am not a super seller… I am a coin toss from an average joe. With that being said please do not message me asking for help, if you want help ask it here on the forum! With that being said I shall begin.

So to make an effective gig its like cooking a stew… You can toss in a bunch of “stuff” and hope it comes out good or you can actually put the proper ingredients and follow a recipe. Knowing the end result will come out good.

Same thing with a gig, a lot of you people I am looking at you people! toss a gig that looks really rushed and then asking why isn’t the sky raining money… Then get discouraged.

First thing is doing a GOOD gig requires TIME… Your gig is a representation of YOUR work… if you rush your gig your telling your future buyers, I will rush your work and present it on a sloppy dish. Your gig needs to be pampered and groomed slowly and carefully, the better it looks the better it will appeal to buyers!

So first thing you start is with the title… Now the title is “more” then just a title… Title is your entry into the market… when someone does a search result they are basically and practically looking for titles when a person browsing first thing they will read is your title… So your title needs to accomplish 2 purposes.

First is to Appeal to the buyer… Your title needs to explain what you are offering you don’t want to go into to much nor to little its a very delicate balancing act. Which brings into the 2nd purpose…

Your title helps you show up in search results so the broader the title the more you will pop out and have more visibility.

So the way that you want to write your title has to have certain elements… KEYWORDS… Definitely KEYWORDS now you don’t just want ANY keywords… Try doing a search on what people are looking for When people are looking for a service they typically type in very common normal words… So try to assess in your nitch what are people looking for and how to reach them from multiple direction(s) take your time don’t just rush it… do some research… see who’s on top (DONT COPY THEIR TITLE!!!) I REPEAT DO NOT COPY THEIR TITLES!! Just LOOK and get IDEAS… then do multiple search that you can branch out into and add those words to your title.

Now you don’t just want to toss random words spin them in a context… For example… I will do something pretaining flowers, and arrangements, with tulips that leaves you speechless…

In that example…I took keywords… and spun it together into a sentence that makes a title… (And they said I couldn’t walk and chew bubble gum at the same time!)

Good titles increase your visibility, and increased visibility is already half the battle to get noticed.

So after you have your title… I’ve already written (can look on the forums) about writing your description so skipping that.

Keywords: add keywords and try to make them relevant add them in your description and add them below… all those things make you more visible (half the battle!)

So lets pretend you’ve got this far hehe! I kid, I know you’ll do good 🙂 Okay so the next main thing people look for is your presentation… I can’t stress it enough VIDEOS… I am not pushing videos cause that’s my niche lol. But ever heard the expression a picture is worth 1000 words? how many words is a video worth? probably a million lol…

Why are videos good? because videos statistically capture and hold a persons attention longer! ask your self how much time did you spend on youtube today instead of working or doing something important? Uh…Huh…

Videos are like a plug for our brain socket… We just sit there and let it flow in… Now there is a million ways to do videos there is a lot of do it yourself services if you google put in the work… Fiverr allows you to put 3 measily pictures up on your gig… Your weapon to lock in a buyer is 3 pictures? You can do 1 min long video… How many pictures can you put in 1 min?! If the buyer sees your TRUE talent!

and this goes for ALL gigs… you can demonstrate your abilities, and that’s what you should be doing when a buyer is browsing a gig… the buyer is assessing your skills! So you can show 3 examples or you can show 20 examples… Impress you buyers!

This goes with writing, Talking, playing, whatever you do… You need to let your buyers know you are the one that has the skills, drive and motivation to get THEIR job done. In order to do that you need to sell your self and to sell yourself.

Setting up a gig takes me HOURS… Sometimes 5-6 hours (Yes I spend that much time setting up 1 gig sometimes even longer) I take my time to make sure everything is perfect.

As stated before your impressions are really means nothing but your clicks means something! I am averaging 100 clicks per day and growing… That means my gigs are able to attract 100 people per day to actually open and look what I am offering.

As I said before that’s half the battle… When they open my gig I want to make sure I have everything presented for them like a neat dinner table with candles in 5 star restaurant. I want them to be so incited by my gigs that they either purchase it or contact me with questions.

If your a new seller… you have to walk the route and offer more initially for the buck… No one says you have to do it, but giving people some advantage to hire a new person. Being realistic you can tell someone your dependable but if your offering the exact same service someone else that has already 100 reviews… its hard to compete. So you need to compete! Capitalism baby! Once you achieve some stability you can even yourself out. Balancing your work with your worth but at least you’ll be able to compete now on a better level.

I talk to a lot of people and when I am a buyer, I have sellers rushing and pushing. That is not good way to go about it… When talking to a buyer don’t use 3 word sentences… I know some are not native English speakers, but communication is very important and if you have a beautiful gig, but can’t communicate it can hurt you so… as hard as it is try to bring out a full conversation with your client to understand them.

if your gig is dead in the water… Replace them… Not all gigs will reach the mile high club and some gigs are just not in demand for… leaving your gigs to stew for the end of time… is not the solution if your gig is not getting clicks/view/impressions/peeking eyes whatever… then its either not optimized properly or there is no demand for it either case being changing things up does not hurt… Shuffling and re-shuffling helps you. It keeps you fresh, and keeps you and you never know you shuffle enough might hit the gold mine gig that everyone wants and then its perfect.

I have 4 gigs that constantly get attention… other gigs… peek and flat and to stay on top of the game I constantly re-shuffle add/remove its time consuming, but you put in the work you reap the rewards. Fiverr is either a part time job or a full time job. If your in the put a gig and leave it to stew for end of the time… Then your not in the right job!
to get the best optimization once you have the gigs that are “consistent” you leave those and change gigs that are lagging - don’t get orders starting with your worst producing gig and moving up to a point you say up to here I’ll change things.

Another idea I began utilizing is combining nitches… What does that mean… If you provide multiple services try to roll them into 1 gig that makes sense… Not 1 gig that you tossed multiple services in… But for example…

Lets stay your a writer… Look at a different niche that is hot… and offer your service in that niche using your service specifically for that niche… other niches that are good that are under populated… so the demand might be there but only few people offering it… Doing that will help you rise above the competition by picking up a different kind of audience. Say for example… just a random example “restaurants” Try creatively placing yourself in that category by offering a service you can already provide specifically for that category! If the gig is a flop… then you switch it up and try a different niche!

The idea is to constantly keep working - you shouldn’t not be doing something because there is nothing to do there is always something to do and someway to brandish yourself… So lets say you’ve done everything then you need to start looking at outside source for promotion… So once again some examples… Start a Twitter for your Fiverr and promote yourself. (How?!) GOOGLE IT… A lot of people promoting themselves and building followers make your twitter for your fiverr account FUN and not all about business… Engaging your audience and those followers can become your future buyers.

There is always room for optimization. The only thing you can do wrong is sitting and doing nothing!

I wish you all the best of luck!

Hehe thanks! Knowledge should be shared, and for those who adhere the advice put in the work and effort it will pay off. Before I got into my niche… Like many others, I wanted to work at home, and did miscellaneous things. Getting into fiverr and reading articles about people who used their skills and became their own bosses. This helped me find confidence in my skills, and besides doing Fiverr gigs, I create content and being able to use what I said by going into different niches using my skills… There is really endless possibilities. I’ve already did some profile jobs through here including a video for Mtv! So my point is lol… I think each individual posses skills its just learning and having the confidence/patients and work ethics in terms of getting to them and fiverr is that platform to allow for that emergence.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived