Signing a Non-Disclosure Agreement

As a voice over artist, I read a whole variety of scripts that range from characters in short films to announcers on adverts for major brands such as WWF and The National Trust.

It has come to my attention that a lot of my clients don’t want the information contained in these scripts (usually as the advert hasn’t been put out yet) to be published or shared, which is completely understandable. As a respectful and professional person, I obviously keep this information to myself.

But it led me to thinking that maybe having a feature which encourages the gig owner to sign a form of NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) could lead to further orders being placed on Fiverr as business owners or representatives, especially in larger corporations, would feel more trustworthy of approaching cheaper voice over artists here on Fiverr that still offer an outstanding level of quality as the top-end expensive artists out on the public market.

Thoughts?

There are problems with this.
-Signing with your real name/signature could break the ToS under most circumstances.
-Signing with a fake name is useless to a buyer
-Buyers couldn’t rely on a signature since the internet allows anonymity. Providing a photo ID or notary stamp goes back to breaking ToS.

How would you propose getting around those?

Some good points there actually. I suppose maybe not an outright NDA document, but at least some form of agreement between the buyer and seller which states that the seller won’t share any of the information contained within the script or documents provided. Perhaps could be another gig extra for handling a gig with confidential information?

• 1 year later...

I hire freelancers often. I will use fiverr when it doesn’t matter, but as I invest more and more, I am finding fiverr doesn’t give me peace of mind that my increasingly more valuable product will be protected in their “anonymous” system. I am now using upwork far more often because the confidentiality issue. Its a bummer because I found someone here I want to work with, but can’t… making me think of “creative” options.

-Signing with your real name/signature could break the ToS under most circumstances.

-Buyers couldn’t rely on a signature since the internet allows anonymity. Providing a photo ID or notary stamp goes back to breaking ToS.

so it is against TOS to use your name on your username?

so it is against TOS to use your name on your username?

You know that’s silly. There is a big difference between a seller choosing to use their real name in any way and a buyer insisting that a seller sign a legal document. I also did say (on this old thread) that it was against ToS in every single situation. It would be up to a buyer, a seller and Fiverr to work it out fully. If you have any other questions about it, contact Customer Support.

Signing with your real name/signature could break the ToS under most circumstances

font, my comment was for your comment that I am quoting, the reply feature is so broken

Signing with your real name/signature could break the ToS under most circumstances

font, my comment was for your comment that I am quoting, the reply feature is so broken

Reply works fine as far as I can tell? I saw what you were commenting on in an old thread and I answered you.

Archived