Buying questions

predjee

Hi all,

I want to confirm a relative expensive order (400 euros).

But I wonder, how does it work?

When I pay by credit card. And my order is complete, and I don’t like it at all or it is not at all what we have agreed upon, what happens then?

Be careful spending such a big chunk at once. I would recommend to maybe just buy a basic gig for $5 first to test the water if that’s even possible? Not sure what type of service you were looking at. But here is how it works.
You purchase a gig from a seller. You pay via credit card. The seller delivers the work. You have 3 days to review the work and ask for modifications. After the 3 days the system marks the order as complete. As a buyer you always have the option to “Request a Cancellation” if you absolutely hate the work but the sellers has the option to accept or decline.

Hi, thanks for your answer!

This is regarding a fully custom designed texture style website with CMS and simple webshop coded etc. We have agreed upon to have full revisions. and a 20 day delivery time.

I requested an invoice, they send me one, and now I have the option to accept the offer. (in the offer is the text we have agreed upon)

I want to know what my ‘rights’ are when it isn’t going as I want it to go?

You always have the right to cancel if the project does not meet your expectations but as said your seller has the option to accept or decline the cancellation request. Make sure to communicate with your seller frequently so he/she understands your needs. One tip I would like to give you is to make sure you choose a well respected seller. One with a good amount of sales and great feedback. If you need to address any concerns in the future regarding an order you can always contact customer support for assistance. Best of luck with your webshop.

My suggestion for this is for you to offer a little extra (10% more) for the seller to first create the homepage or something like that. Place the order for $40-80 (depending on the complexity) and when the order is complete and you are happy with it, place an order for the balance + 10%. If it is not what you want, talk to the seller about making changes etc until you are happy to proceed with it.
Remember though, even if you do it this way, if the seller delivers and you are not happy with it, you can request a cancellation but it may not be given if the seller has delivered something that matches your agreement.

Hello,
I want to clarify something. As annai80 said you can request a cancellation if you are not happy with what the seller did for you. However the seller can refuse.

You can then ask customer support for a refund and they may or may not give you one. If the site is simply not to your personal taste they won’t give you one. If the site is lacking in a way that the seller promised to do, they will give you one.

So: make sure you get every detail of each item the seller promises to do in writing, in a message agreeing to it. Every color, every word, every technical feature, everything working as it should. Hopefully you are spending such a large amount on a Top Rated Seller with hundreds of positive reviews.

To add a little more to this, even if you get a refund that comes in Fiverr credit to be used on Fiverr. It is not returned to your credit card.

When using a seller you have no past history with, it is much smarter to split your project into milestones. Place a much smaller order to begin with and have a seller just do the beginning of the project. For example, perhaps you could begin with something simple like the landing page only with only filler text. Something you could do for a small amount, perhaps $5-25.

If things don’t go well you haven’t spent much whether the seller keeps it for the effort or you get it back to spend another other gig. After a few milestones you may know that you are ready to put a larger amount into a bigger portion of the order, or you can continue to have it done in small pieces all the way to the end. Fiverr is a great site and there are many talented sellers, but they are all independent contractors from all over the world, so there is risk involved.

It might help you to read Fiverr’s Terms of Service (https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service), it will tell you what you need to know about your rights.

To answer your question, if you file a transaction dispute through PayPal, you will break Fiverr’s Terms of Service, and your Fiverr account might get banned.

Here’s the Disputes and Cancellations part, I hope it helps:

We encourage our buyers and sellers to try and settle conflicts amongst themselves. If for any reason this fails, users can contact Fiverr’s Customer Support department for assistance here (http://support.fiverr.com/hc/en-us).

Order cancellations (when eligible) can be performed by Customer Support only up to a period of 13 days from order completion date. We will not cancel orders after that time.

Filing a transaction dispute or reversing a payment through your payment provider or your bank is a violation to these Terms of Service. Doing so may get your account temporarily disabled to investigate possible security violations. Note: once you have filed a dispute with your payment provider, the funds will be ineligible for a refund due to our obligations towards the payment provider.

In the event of a dispute, you are encouraged to use the Site’s dispute resolution tools to attempt to resolve the matter by working it out with the seller or if not possible contact customer support for a resolution.

Eligibility to cancel an order will be assessed by our Customer Support team based on a number of factors, including violations to our Terms of Service, general misconduct, and improper usage of the Fiverr delivery system.

Orders are not eligible to be cancelled based on the quality of service/materials delivered by the seller if the service was rendered as described in the Gig page.

Buyers may rate their experience with the seller on the order page, including the overall level of service quality received.

Fiverr reserves the right to cancel orders or place funds on hold for any suspected fraudulent transactions made on the Site.

It really all depends on what you mean by haywire. The advice to read the ToS is very good. Essentially, if the seller delivers what they say they will in their gig description (or custom offer) then the seller should be paid. Cancellations based on personal taste aren’t supposed to happen. Sometimes they do happen and I have to feel bad for the seller if they do. At that point the seller can decline to cancel within their rights and it’s up to Customer Support to mediate which could go either way since this is all being done by humans. 🙂

If a seller actually doesn’t deliver as promised, though, you can cancel and get Fiverr credit to spend with another seller. That’s how a reversal works on Fiverr.

Archived