Fiverr New Seller Restrictions add payment method first

I don’t think you will find much support for making people pay to create a gig. There are other freelancing sites that charge you for selling and one of Fiverr’s unique points is that it doesn’t. I don’t see how new sellers cause problems for leveled selelrs. If their gigs are bad, they won’t sell and eventually the person will leave. If their gigs are good and they do well, they will bring more traffic to the site for everyone.

Good gigs do increase competition on the site, but that wouldn’t stop because of a small fee. Competition still doesn’t hurt you, though. If you have great gigs, are honest and have something unique to offer you will do well even when other people are creating gigs. That’s only my own opinion, however.

OK, I do see what you mean. I don’t understand how that would be helpful, though. People can create gigs, but they can’t withdraw their earnings without a payment method, so how would it help to force them?

The other problem with it is that there are some sellers who don’t need a payment method. It’s not a large number but they exist. They are the ones who only sell here to fund their account to buy other gigs. Fiverr loves them because the money stays within the system.

Archived