Worst experience on fiverr so far in terms of behavior of client

faisalriaz876

So far the worst experience i have faced on fiverr in terms of behavior of buyers, simple conversation randomly changed into bombing, but I do not think i did any thing wrong on purpose to that client.
Buyers we do not know with how many sellers are u engaged with at a time but most possible scenario is that we are also in the process of stream lining our sales. So do not get rude for just receiving a comment like “waiting”.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0h9s_Ga0MFrb0ZFZmctd09QbUU&usp=sharing

It seems clear that this person only wanted to get one or two photos edited and this “test photo” was all they wanted done. Consider this. They could have 100 photos and send a different one to each seller saying the same thing. Next time someone asks you for samples point them to your order page or send them a sample that is heavily watermarked so they cannot use it.

Don’t offer free samples, use your portfolio with before/after snaps to show off whatever. A sample shouldn’t be custom unless you’re being paid for it, and it certainly shouldn’t be taking you hours!

And yes, I concur with @markp on the “test photos” done using a selection of sellers willing to “show off” their services for free then “cancelling the order” for minor infractions. Perhaps a little giddy power trip to throw in there, too?

All in all, this is a bit of a goof up on your behalf. Never mind–you’ve learned a lesson and will be able to avoid this particular species of buyer in future by simply telling them that you do not offer free samples, but for $5 or whatever, you’ll be happy to give a test photo a makeover.

(If the buyer wants to scam you they will suddenly disappear at this point, and you have gained 2 hours of your life back! More if you include the time spent on this forum complaint, as well as creating and uploading the screenshots etc)

Archived