Odds Stacked Against a New Seller?

l10voices

You are right. A long time ago there were longer videos allowed and some long-established sellers that never took them down still have them. The down side for them is that they cannot ever update their videos!

Anyone replacing or putting up a new video now gets the same 1 minute time. 🙂

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a way, yes - it is self-defeating to recruit your own buyers and then give Fiverr 20% - but one of the reasons that Fiverr works as well as it does as a sales platform is because (from the buyer’s perspective) it’s secure, trustworthy, and they can view an honest portfolio of reviews. They also know that if they’re dealing with a crook, they can open a ticket with customer support. All of these things go a very long way toward closing the sale.

For example, I’m a Tarot card reader, and in my line of work most readers sell with PayPal directly from their own website. Which is cool - after the minimal amount PayPal skims from each transaction, they get to keep almost all their own money. But, convincing people - and especially new clients? - to just send money and trust that they’ll get something in return without any firm knowledge that they have any recourse if the sale goes south is a lot to ask.

Also, most Tarot readers who work online have to pay a fair bit of money either up-front or on a recurring basis for access to software to manage emails, keep track of orders, and all the other things that Fiverr does for us. Is 20% a lot? In a way, yeah - it is. But considering the confidence it provides for new buyers and all the ways it streamlines the back-end of my business day, I think it’s quite reasonable.

fastcopywriter, just a quick follow-up to your original comment about putting specific gigs centered around, in part, descriptive words/phrases relative to my voice descriptors, etc. While my numbers are still small, I will tell you that I put up one additional gig using your suggest phrase, “deep, rich male voice”. Its been up half the time as my original gig, which also remains active, but my conversion is twice that of my first, generalized gig. You were/are spot on, Thanks again taking the time and providing such great ideas.

Archived