What's the worst non-Fiverr thing that happened to you today?

emmaki

What does a fried spider look like? I think it was in this travel streetfood show where I saw the host eating fried spiders or was it fried crawly insects. Now I’m wondering what they taste like. But I am scared of spiders too…

On another note, worst thing that happened to me today was the taxi I was riding had a broken A/C. So it was really hot inside. What made things worse was that it was raining outside, so i couldn’t open the windows. And the fact that it was traffic and it was an hour long ride. Felt like I was suffocating or that I could faint in any second. But well… here I am writing about it. hahaha. I’ve had worse days.

Like a scrunched up ball of nastiness. I’ve seen the terrifying spider streetfood (not IRL), it’s basically fried tarantulas. Apparently the legs are deliciously “crunchy” and the body is “gooey”. It’s safe to say that I am NEVER going to give this “delicacy” a try. I am not a squeamish eater, but deep-friend tarantulas is a step too far for me!

Oh, it’s less than 24 hours old, it’s practically an infant compared to some of the revived necrothreads from 2012 etc (which I somehow always seem to get caught out by).

Worst thing today: I went to get some wood from the pile and a whole bunch fell on my hand, scraping it and leaving it all itchy and throbbing. Entirely my fault, as I was being lazy and the perfect wood was near the bottom and I didn’t feel like doing it the right way. I don’t think I’ll do it again, though 😃

Where’s a vomit emoticon when you need one?

Incidentally, when I was in Japan, I tried natto. I didn’t know what it was and thought it was quite good. My friend–who lived there at the time–was horrified and told me what it was after I finished my little (courtesy?) dish. So I ate hers.

Seriously, it was nice! Maybe it wasn’t “real” natto or something. My memory makes it a lot less slimy than the pics, plus you know, sake.

Dogs fart a lot and stinky deluxe! I’ve had quite a few dogs and cats and while both fart, dogs seems to have either silent but deadlies or loud and still deadlies. Cats usually have quiet farts but still stinky.

The best animal farts come from horses. They are loud and hilarious but they don’t smell very bad because they just eat grains. If you have friends who aren’t used to horses, a horse fart will scare them and I find that as delightful as Emma’s fried spider story.

Dang, I’m afraid I haven’t spent enough time with horses to hear them fart, and I don’t think I have friends who owns one and unless I go all the way to Hokkaido it will be a bit hard to find one in Tokyo…oh well, I’m going to the states this summer, I’m sure I’ll see a horse ranch somewhere! 😃

Well… Here’s my non’Fiver experience of the past few days. Originally I’m from the north of England where it is an unspoken tradition that the people just get absolutely wasted on alcohol and wear as few clothes as possible when out on the town.

Now personally I was never into this but I did used to have a posey of friends in the day who I did all that malarkey with.

Anyway, my good friend Michael died last year and this week as a tribute to him I paid for the flights for two of our old group to come to Malta and spend a couple on nights in a hotel before crashing in my apartment while the missus is away with her parents in Hungary.

Long story short, though, it seems that I have forgotten my roots in a big way and have become a wee bit too refined when compared to the typical northern Englishman. Within 2 hours you see, I had a trashed hotel room and two pissed beyond sense Geordies running amock in Malta and being as sexist, rude, naked and in generally drunkenly stupid as possible to everyone they met.

My non-Fiverr weekend has therefore been predominantly about damage control. I’ve apologized profusely to hotel staff, I’ve rest assured some bars in a particular part of Malta that they will never again hear the mad cackle of my friends demanding more Jagermeister and I have even learned how to say sorry in Bulgarian.

I must say, though, that it was actually good fun and for the first time in my life I’m happy to live in a country where it’s perfectly fine to bribe a police officer. Of course, it isn’t (officially) and I wasn’t the one who needed the get out of jail free card but… Well, that was my non-Fiverr weekend and, to be honest, I’m really pleased it’s over.

Archived