Buyers beware of the many scammers who offer stolen work

alw1nl

It’s shocking to see there’s a HUGE amount of scammer profiles active, most of them showing United States as location. Just did some profile checks of new arrivals under ‘illustration’ and randomly clicked 10 profiles, 100% of them are obviously scammers who offer stolen work as their own.

Tip for buyers: ALWAYS double check with Tineye.com or Google Reverse Image Search if artworks are not simply stolen from the internet. KNOW that even among top ranked sellers are fakers.

In the past weeks I have reported several of these fakers, including proof, but all of them are untouched and still active, amazing.

If you feel insecure about buying on Fiverr, beside a seller I am also a frequent buyer for my projects and can recommend quality sellers in several fields so you always can message me for recommendations.

I was reading negative reviews in various gigs the other day and came across a top rated seller who was said multiple times to have ripped his flat icons from a website of flat icons. Can’t confirm the legitimacy but I was quite shocked. Doesn’t Fiverr run checks on their TRS’s?

It’s a real hit and miss when it comes to the art, animation, and graphics department in Fiverr. Both for buyers and sellers/artists.

You have to do your research on a seller (or buyer) before making a solid decision. Communicate with them through the messaging system. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is!

I’ve reported a lot of illegal content in the animation department, but they never got taken down. This annoys the heck out of me being an artist.

I bust my chops every day to make a couple of peanuts every month, while the thieves just buy gig reviews and post work they found in google images. The same thing could be said for buyers who abuse their so called right to get unlimited revisions and free work no matter how many times I put my foot down.

I digress…

• 5 months later...

Sending email to Fiverr staff is less likely to get results, so that may be why you’ve gotten less results than you expected. There are some scammers that get overlooked no matter what you do, but I wouldn’t suggest using the email address. It has no ticket assigned to it when you go through email and the small Support Team probably gets thousands of emails a day.

When anyone finds a scammer and you have any kind of proof of wrongdoing, please go to Customer Support and click on Submit a Ticket in the upper right-hand corner. Choose the Trust and Safety dropdown and then make your report. Be sure to be polite and professional. The representatives on the CS team are only human and they have a big job to do. Don’t sent multiple tickets about the same issue since that can slow the system down.

These practices may not eliminate every bad seller or gig, but it is the best way to get something done. I know that this post is old, from February, but I noticed that you have multiple posts up about scammers and this tip might help some.

You’ll find bad eggs among the good eggs. Applies to both sellers and buyers. So, what do you say about buyers who purposely order gigs to demand ‘impossible’ work and then leave bad reviews for the unsuspecting seller. You report and these kind of buyers never get taken down. The point is; It’s an online marketplace, no need vilifying all fiverr sellers as @alw1nl does. Both buyers and sellers need to be wise and cautious.

Are they promising a unique icon? I’d say it only takes $5 worth of work to find a freely available icon and use your professional license to distribute it.

If they do promise a unique icon and are using pre-made assets (whether they have a distribution license or not) that is cheating and should be made public.

Your absolutely right. I actually contacted a Top Seller that a Level 2 Seller had his same image. Found out later this image is on the web and couldnt determine it it actually belonged to the top seller.

That stuff annoys me that you would need to post someone else’s stuff and pass it on as yours.

If youre paying $5 or $10 for a logo then youre probably being scammed. Designing logos can be a long process depending on what the buyer wants. So if you think that $5 logo is an original youre only fooling urself. You get what you pay for.

I recently joined and in looking through illustration gigs, found three individuals using the same illustration in their examples. I have yet to buy a gig, but I certainly came here with the intention to do so, but there are so many complaints from so many people about various things like this happening, I feel wary. I do intend to move forward though, but cautiously.

• 1 month later...

Good evening brother,im hoping that maybe you can help me in directing me to a legit seller? I’ve purchased from a seller direct search web traffic,which I’m getting.As of just morning I’ve received over 300 hits to my website. the google analytics prove it. It listed my URL .But I haven’t received one phone call.Is that normal?Or should I wait! Can you please help me if you can.Im trying to receive traffic to my construction comp. website.

• 6 months later...

Good evening brother,im hoping that maybe you can help me in directing me to a legit seller? I’ve purchased from a seller direct search web traffic,which I’m getting.As of just morning I’ve received over 300 hits to my website. the google analytics prove it. It listed my URL .But I haven’t received one phone call.Is that normal?Or should I wait! Can you please help me if you can.Im trying to receive traffic to my construction comp. website.

You have to build the index in the search engine, so that the traffic generated from people looking for real your product. Not a bot traffic

Archived