Would you buy a "How to make money on fiverr" ebook or training product?

idostuff4u

I think a “How to make money on Fiverr” e-book would be a hard sell (i.e., not a lot of customers), especially since everything a seller needs to know about being successful on Fiverr is already posted as free information on the Fiverr website and forums.

But, hey, if you can still make it profitable, more power to you!

Absolutely, I bought several of those books, most of them are junk but some of them have good nuggets of advice.

Why do all my gigs say 3 days? Simple, I read that buyers often wonder about that, so by saying it in my gig titles I’m more likely to get orders.

Fiverr is a platform, and the more you learn about it, the better you can do. Just remember to use your head, don’t do anything that makes you feel uncomfortable.

I did buy one very good book about Fiverr. Granted, it was about 150 pages long, not one of those 15 page fake e-books and it only cost me .99. I had around 60-70 books to choose from on Fiverr and most were free. I read quite a few of the free ones. I had a few choices that ran from $2.99-15.00 and I didn’t read any of those. Personally with so many resources I wouldn’t buy a Fiverr book that cost more than a dollar then or now, but some people sure might.

You also have to keep in mind that I got all mine on Amazon so I had access to several pages of free sample material on all of them. Without the sample portions I probably wouldn’t have paid for any of them.

I have thought about this, the idea of writing a how-to guide to selling on Fiverr. What put me off was that there are many different ways of selling on Fiverr. I completely disagree with how some sellers operate but they seem to be successful. Even something as simple as communication can cause a big discussion. For example, is it better to invite people to contact you first or just place the order? Some sellers hate this, others demand it! Advising a seller to do one or the other may be completely wrong for their personality, pricing structure or niche. There are also a lot of books already published on the subject. I suspect that those who need these books will not actually buy them.

Instead, I have begun working on a how-to for buyers, not specifically for Fiverr but buying from freelancers in general.

You have to do what works for you. Personally, I hate getting messages from buyers, I’m here to get orders, 99% of the time they’re asking questions already explained on my gig description.

I suppose some sellers only want to do $50 or $150 orders, or maybe they want to send custom offers above $5. That is their choice, but again, if a buyer places a $5 order, you can still send him a custom offer and the clock is already ticket. I do not know why some people delay their money.

As for your book, I wish you luck, I’m told that being specific can help your book sales, although if you want to have a chapter about buying on Elance, another about buying on Freelancer, that’s fine to.

Archived