Consider volume of sales, not only number of gigs selled to reach new level

l10nrocket

Since Fiverr introduced “custom offers” with more than 5 USD volume, my frequent buyers prefer to buy a large volume in one single gig instead of buying a lot of basic gigs for each text/listing/app. I sell gigs of 100 to more than 200 USD quite frequently, so I will never be able to reach Level 2 or more, although I have only excellent ratings.

I suggest Fiverr should also consider the volume and not only the number of gigs selled (Level 2 = excellent rating + 50 gigs! in 2 month). The most Fiver-sellers are freelancers, small entrepreneurs and solopreneurs like me and not big agencies. We give our best and are punished for awesome work with high volume.

I don’t think this is a good idea. Requiring that sellers complete multiple orders to earn higher levels shows that a seller has learned how to be a good seller, and is able to satisfy the project needs of multiple buyers.

Consider this: A seller that earns a five star rating from one $100 order, has not proven much, especially when compared to another seller that has completed 50 successful sales. The first seller does not have a proven record of success, the second one does. Sellers with proven records of success are fairly compensated by earning a higher level.

• 7 months later...

I also have this problem. I have customers that order multiple jobs in only one order. It is true that selling a gig for 200 $ and receiving a 5 start review, it not proven much than a seller that has 50 orders and 5 start for all. I think this problem is important only when you have a small number of orders. When you have 500 and another seller has 400 I don’t think that it is a very big difference. Maybe the guy with 400 sold gigs of 100 $, and the other with 500 sold only gigs 20 $. I thint that should be a big difference of this two sellers, regarding the level.

For sellers who want the buyer to have a simple easy experience 50 basic gig orders count as a single order in form of a custom gig. For a level obsessed seller the same order counts as up to 50 completed orders + as many reviews as the buyer can write before a finger cramp kicks in.

Seems a bit like the level system just hasn’t been updated yet to reflect the new gig multiples and custom offers.

The fair solution would be to count separate orders from a single client within xx time as a single review and order (that is at least in the stats counter).

Archived