Updating Fiverr's Inbox Messages - Share Your Thoughts

adam_aviv

Fiverr was immediately responsive when we complained about taking away the graphs from the analytics page. They put them back instantly. It’s great to see this survey since it shows that fiverr does listen to what sellers want.

Instead of complaining we need to realize that this chance to voice our opinions is fiverr listening to sellers.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good question. I think the consensus of the answers here indicates that most sellers are against the “read message” idea and I hope Fiverr staff listens to that. If it were implemented but only to the advantage of buyers, that would be really awful. It would be almost as unbalanced as the visibility of reviews which should be visible for buyers and sellers.

Exactly, no matter how unresponsive Fiverr can be, it’s important to respond when we have the chance.
If the survey shows 3 people against something, they will likely ignore it regardless of how much sense those three sellers make. If they get lots of responses saying “I hate this” they would be fools to ignore that.

I think a more urgent issue would be to fix the Report button. Perhaps replace it with a permanent block button, as currently it blocks the person usually only for minutes. And the block should be a complete block, so the harassing person could not be able to place an order and harass on the order page instead.

Hi,
Adam
Where i do report about SPAM GIGS.
Few sellers are bypassing fiverr search filter through BAD GIG TITLE / SPAM GIGS.

I have reported several times on support guys but nothing happen.

and more more coming in “logo” search page.

I just want to help for make fiverr SPAM FREE platform for everyone/ equal opportunity.

First of all, thank you for giving sellers the chance to speak their own minds. Then I will re-state my opinion, as I have done so earlier in the survey. So, while the “read” feature helps the curiosity of the buyer, as to whether the message is read, it serves no other purpose, as I’m sure the serious seller will surely reply back firmly as soon as they have a reply ready. Sometimes as sellers, we need to think the message/suggestion through, before responding for various reasons. Other times we may need a background check/research on the buyer. This may cause frustration to the buyer or wrongly be taken as seller’s disregard, which will not be the case. In other words, the reply is what counts and not when the message is read. Especially when the seller appears to be online, the buyer would know that they will read the message in some minutes time and respond back. Sometimes also the “read” sign creates more eagerness and impatience than needed. We certainly don’t need that. For all these reasons, I find it to be redundant and a bad idea. Thanks again.

“This can increase sales on your end.”

How do you know this? Do you currently have a test group you are using this on, and statistics to support the statement?

Perhaps you meant to say “This MIGHT increase sales…”.

Agree with this completely. Sometimes I get inquiries I can reply to immediately using a standard reply tweaked a tiny bit. But, more often than not, I get inquiries that require research I don’t have time to perform “right now”.

Now, if there was a “reading pane” (like Outlook) and it did not actually “open” the message, that would be very helpful. In business, there is actually a difference between “scanning” emails and actually “reading” them.

Was part of this already put into play? I realized that when I read my emails from Fiverr today they marked the messages/updated orders in Fiverr as opened. I really hope this gets taken off because I’m going to end up missing messages since I leave my messages marked unread/unopened until I reply and if Fiverr is marking them as opened/read just because I opened the email, I’m probably going to miss messages and not even notice I never replied. I don’t know if it says read for the buyer but all this feature has done so far is make me less organized for really no reason. I’d like to be able to open my email without anything on Fiverr being effected.

It would be wonderful be notified in the inbox when a customer is making contact within a completed or “in process” sale. It is easy to miss these because as a seller I tend not to go back and look in completed sales for messages. I can see them in the notifications but sometimes I get so many I simply cannot see them all. But, if they are in the inbox, I will be able to see them and make sure everyone is answered.

• 2 weeks later...

This is not a fantastic idea IMO. I don’t want to get sucked into a conversation i really have no time for. I am a new seller and i am doing everything possible to make new buyers happy, but i don’t want a situation where a buyer begins to distrust me because i don’t seem to be interested in having a conversation with him. Please we do not need this feature. It is especially important that the effect it would have on new sellers is taken into consideration. Even when i chat with friends on WhatsApp, i try to steer clear of opening messages i don’t want to be shown “read” at their end, but i still get uncomfortable with that. It would be better the buyer history section is fixed, same with the buyer request history. I don’t see any use of having these around, if they are broken and remain so.

Archived