Cancelling gigs and buyer freebies: like drugs, just say no

emmaki

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I experienced the worst on Fiverr just last week. A miser came my way and Fiver customer support supported him to rip me off. Too bad! I did the work and delivered on time. Of course, when issues like this arise and we contact CS, it is open for them to review the order. I reported the buyer and he reported me as well. Unfortunately, i got a warning which makes me angry. What the hell am i seeing on my screen? I won’t do it again? Oh yes, i have to click the button just to let it disappear. It is bad to experience such a thing. I did the work and delivered as promised. He came back two days after delivery and said; hey, i Googled “bla bla bla” and saw one result. continue looking for more because you have not find all. It seems to me that CS are only there to solve issue with “gig not showing on search page”. The worst thing is that i cannot mention his name here. 4 hours spent on the $25 job and the buyer went away with it for free.

@emmaki Was that bit about Karma directed at my reply on that other thread on the same topic? If it is, I’m flattered 😛 (although I might be wrong, as I’m prone to foot in mouth syndrome). I completely agree with the growing situation of sellers fearing negative reviews and buckling to cancelling after delivering work. Like @jamesbulls I also guarantee the satisfaction of my clients… probably a vestigial quality of my first aspirations as a seller here; but it seems to be working.

Fiverr® as a platform seems to be growing, and there will always be assholes who try to exploit people who they deem as new or inexperienced. To an untrained eye, someone offering some kind of service for $5 might seem inexperienced. If it comes to a buyer requesting a cancellation after work has been delivered, and delivered completely, they should absolutely defend their case with CS. That said, I’ve only been working here regularly since October and haven’t had much experience with sellers wishing to take advantage. Usually, I can root out these types through messages before ordering happens… I have a quick response set up which EXPLICITLY details my Gig™ offerings per Extra price bracket. Neer-do-wells typically never respond.

If i attain your present level i will definitely bill $40/hr. However, considering the present condition where other sellers are ready to do 6 hours work for $5, it becomes very hard to meet up. For instance, a buyer contacted me few hours ago and wanted for me to conduct research about 200 companies. As you could guess, his budget is $10. Do you believe that some sellers will agree to do the job? In fact, some sellers can do $10 job for 3 days.

Interesting thread indeed. Thank you for that!

By reading sellers’ experiences during 3 years (here and in other threads) what I have understood is that to ask for cancelation or not in the case of a too difficult buyer depends on

• what one sells and how much work was needed for the gig to be done
  • how many 5 stars ratings the seller has (so one or two bad reviews won’t make a big difference)
  • on the Level and the history a seller has on Fiverr in order to get the issue with a difficult buyer quickly resolved by cs (for the sellers favor).

I have had 3 funny buyers who did not know what they wanted and could not understand the gigs’ descriptions. I found it best for both sides to offer a refund instead of spending even more time on messages between us and tickets to cs. Of course, these cases were only 3. No seller wants to work for free.

I do understand why it is difficult for a new seller to insist. And that is one of the reasons why those buyers who come to Fiverr with the intention to steal try to take advantage of them mostly. Something I still don’t understand since the services and the goods start from only $5. Why do they want to steal? Anyway…

Finally let’s not forget that cs is responding better to the TRS and the sellers with Levels’ tickets. Sad, but inevitable in the start. I think one way to get less such buyers is to make the gig description as descriptive as possible and to mention in detail what the seller will or will not do.

• 2 months later...

I get a cancellation request about every 6 months. Since it’s usually $5 or $10 I agree, however, my caveat to the buyer is that I can use the articles in any way that I choose. So, they can’t sell back to their client, as it will fail the Copyscape scan. Plus, I have some copy for my own site. Will it be a favourable review, maybe, maybe not!

It’s the first time I got such a problem here. Just got a difficult buyer a week ago. And problem has not been solved yet up to now… Really doesn’t make sense with his premature cancellation after sending him the first draft for review. No matter how hard I convinced him that I didn’t do as what he thought–and showed proof. He always tried to find my faults and kept asking for cancellation.

I tried to handle this professionally then I contacted the CS here for best solution with screenshots of my conversation with him and also the suggested video (I make whiteboard animation). The CS suggested me to try another approach to settle things down. Like having partial payment or something. Maybe I will do it. But from the bad intention of this buyer to always discredits me I don’t think he will let the money go even a cent.

He keeps clicking cancellation button again & again. I have no idea, will I get the money in the end, or it will be refunded? I don’t really care about negative feedback from this buyer later on because I didn’t do anything wrong but only find his ignorant words of dissatisfaction.

Even if I don’t get the money at the ending of this dispute, it’s not a big deal, I provide as best service as I can, working like a slave if necessary just to get what I deserve. What do you think about it, everyone?

Upon dissatisfaction, if you cancel any order mutually with a buyer, then you are not going to get negative reviews. Otherwise, buyer can do s serious damage to your ranking.
Fiverr should set criteria of standard I think. Once a sellers fulfills that, then no matter whatever a buyer is demanding, seller won’t get confused of getting negative reviews.

One buyer have ask me to do something that not was included in my gig, and of course I don’t make it, but he left me a negative feedback…I contact the Customer Support to remove the feedback and have explain the case, but all I get was" Buyer have any right to leave any feedback"…

Hi, everybody. I am a newbie at Fiverr, and I have a problem with a buyer.
Two weeks ago, I had the order to upload the products, let say it is 1300 products. My fault is I lost the spreadsheet data of the 1250 and just had 870 products data for tracking. And after I deliver it to the buyer, he said the products I uploaded is just 512 products and now want to cancel the order. I tried to explain it well, but the seller still says it is 512 products. For me, if it is right just 512 products I will cancel the order without getting paid. So, I just want the seller to give me a proof for my mistake he said, but the buyer said nothing but “no, I want this order cancel.” The weird thing is his username and password of his website changed, and when I want to lend the admin access to fix the problem, he said no.
Any experience like this everyone? Please, help me out of this situation.
Thanks.

Janggutmerah.

Hello,

We are web developers and we have few local clients who wants SEO work.

We check your review and it is excellent.

We want to place order of SEO work for our local clients.

Which information do you require for our website SEO work?

Regards,
Iconicseo

Archived