How much time do you spend on your gigs?

caiterz

Hiya, I didnt see any posts like this yet, so here’s one! (sorry if there is another and i missed it ><)

How much time do you spend on your gigs?

I saw a post where someone thought 30 mins was alot of time to spend for $5!

I was like… Whaaaaaat?

I spend on average ~5-6 hours per gig… and for my very first gig, I spent well over 24hours… But it was my first gig, so it was worth it for that feedback!

How 'bout you guys? :3

It Depends on your gig, for example - some gigs ‘Seo or Traffic’ related may need 30 days while a gig that need only printing a logo on a paper with nice background takes rather 2-3 mins.

My gigs take around 10-20 mins per order.

Guest tn5rr2012

It would blow you mind the amount of time I spend on an order but then my family tree gig is unique and requires research. I love what I do and I get great rewards by helping people discover their ancestors, makes me feel like i am leaving something permanent and cherished behind

• 2 years later...

Most of my gigs are pretty complex. Site critiques can take 20 minutes to an hour or more, and video production, a minimum of an hour. Some video gigs can take a half day or so.

I recently launched two gigs that were to be “low maintenance” gigs. One is video PLR content that I created. Basically, marketing videos that you can brand as your own. The delivery is such that I’m simply sending a link to the product. I also have a “Zombie Hero News Gig” that takes about 10 to 15 minutes to service. Sadly though, neither is getting many views yet. I’d kill (a zombie) to get one of those featured!

I write, unique, 500-750 word articles. Normally i do a bit of research first and then actually write out the articles/documents. Obviously once the content is written I check it with Viper and then fix the layout etc.

In total I try not to spend more than 1 hour on each $5 as I see it as inefficient.

It depends on the gig, but as a basic guideline I try not to spend more than 30 minutes per $5 order. I think of it in terms of an hourly wage; if I were employed by a company to do this same type of work, I would certainly expect to be paid AT LEAST the legal minimum wage. Why would I sell myself any shorter when working for myself?

Archived