Is Fiverr Selling Luck?

marketstar

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest ndauthorservice

If you have recently bumped up to Level 1, then you will see a drop. This has been noted by many [many] users. Fiverr’s search algorithm [appeard to] favor the bottom and top sellers. This is about profit… for Fiverr. The more people who stick around, the more money it makes, so the new [and old] are where the most money comes in for them.

There are no tricks, and the recent blog post that spurred this discussion didn’t have anything useful to say. Messing constantly with your gigs is not productive. Search the competition and…

—read descriptions for keywords common in the successful ones
—study as well the terms common to the unsuccessful
—learn to separate the two, and if uncertain of those in the gray, leave them as a very last consideration
—be aware of the clientele mentality on this type of system (buyers here want everything for next to nothing)
—don’t sell yourself short; you want better clients (that repeat) not more clients (who are cheap); don’t be another mouse on a wheel
—very last, study the tags/keywords applied by the most successful in your service focus; last because these only get you impressions (visits) not sales

Get the gig up and leave it alone. Regardless of the hype in the Fiverr blog, 99.9% of those who sell on this system will NEVER make it a fulltime job (not career). If it happens, it happens; don’t count on it, and you’ll be a lot happier in what you do… and do well.

NDAS

It’s a little of both. You have to have the necessary skill and write quality content to start with. Then you have to be patient and try to get your name out there. Once buyers start purchasing your gigs and realising the quality they will come back and recommend your work to others. The more positive reviews you get, the more new customers you will attract.
I have gone from about one gig a month last year to two or three a day since the start of this month.

There is a factor of luck, especially when you’re just starting out, like buyers who will take a leap of faith and order a gig with no reviews. But after that all you need is a lack of especially bad luck and you’ll be valued by your skills, smarts, work ethic and personality.

Different events puts impact on any free lancing business. Events like Christmas.
This is not same like any physical business. On physical business sales goes high in event days but for online business its totally different impact people are busy in events when they can’t spare time for sitting at home and doing online business.

Depends on demand, supply and your gig presentation.

When I change my presentation of my gigs and tried something better - say a new video or a new image or probably a special offer it always increases the number of orders I get. Try changing your gig outfit. Provide something sellers don’t but provide for free but buyers need it. Something like that.

yes its almost 70% luck, 10% on your presentation and 20% how you satisfy your customers.
As a freelancer i am very successful in upwork but in fiverr its very hard not due to the presentation or any talent but due to luck and in competition only luck can decide your success.

for an example
In upwork on average projects gets more than 100 bids and all freelancers have good rating and feedback but then all depends in luck who will get chance for interview.

Any Business depends on 2 things

1. your skills
  2. your luck

collectively i call it luck of your skills as there are many compitators who are offering same services as you just what you have to do keep updating your images and descriptions and keep a close eye on your compitators, sometime they drop their prices or they offer more in same price what you are offering.

Regards

Strange quite a few here say it depends heavily on luck. I think luck amounts to a customer or you hitting something at the right place and right time. Beyond that, it is your skills, customer service and marketing that will sustain you. Do what you love, success will follow.

Guest webexpert1313

before few months i was also receive 5 to 10 orders daily. unfortunately now days i receive 0 orders per day.

i don’t know why? Hope i am doing best and receive more and more orders daily by daily.

fiverr is one of the best way to earning and make my dream comes true.

Thanks fiverr in advance 🙂

Is success based on luck? That’s a very interesting question coming from an SEO expert. I’ve found what I call decent success on Fiverr considering I’ve been on this platform since 2012. When I started, I busted my chops doing writing gigs for $5.

After a few months of working what seemed like from sun up to sundown, I increased my prices. Now, most of my writing jobs go for a couple of hundred dollars.

But I’m not doing much on Fiverr these days because people expect $5 deals. I understand it because everyone likes a deal.

I certainly like deals!

The Fiverr name and BUSINESS MODEL leads people to expect deals.

One platform for online courses just changed their pricing model because the previous one had everyone only buying courses during sales.

I’m on several platforms, and I believe success is part luck, part use of keywords, part use of an algorithm that triggers the site to promote your services, etc. I know I’ve been sent emails from Fiverr promoting my writing gigs.

Essentially, I’ll browse my gigs and shortly after I get an email promoting my gigs and others.

So Fiverr – DO TELL???

Is success based on luck???

Archived