What is your top tip for success on Fiverr?

natalieab

To get a good start make sure that your Fiverr Description is compelling. You must write this in a professional, yet engaging manner with meticulous care so everything is spelled correctly, punctuated perfectly and written in perfect grammar. Your Fiverr Description reflects the kind of work you turn out. It must be top-quality in terms of communicating your services and your qualifications.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I totally agree. I also think you need to know when something you’re asked to do is beyond your talent. If you are not sure you can give the customer what they want, and you have a clear understanding of what that is, then suggest they hire someone with that skill set.

I am not at all tech savvy and state in my Fiverr Description that I do not write on technology. Yet I continually get asked to do so. I always explain to these buyers that they need to hire a Technical Writer. I also often get asked to rewrite an article or blog and aside from creating original content and making it read in perfect English, I get asked to make it humorous or funny. Most of the time this is very “dry” content that would be impossible to make humorous. I politely explain this to the buyer, but if they keep pressing I suggest they hire a Comedy Writer because I know I cannot deliver what they want.

not just that. I mean update the design based on your buyer’s feedback or most requested changes, improve visual aspect if your gig is a design one, or add more features. Make your product better with time. Always evolve.

I’m a motion designer so that’s why I mention design. But this applies to all categories. You can always improve your offering somehow.

Always always always be respectful with any new or returning client.
As sellers on Fiverr, we all know and have probably encountered a few rude or disrespectful clients.

Staying positive and respecting even the worst clients always proves to have amazing results, with some of them even apologizing and insisting on working with you.

Be yourself, be nice, and the results will come. Promise 😉

It takes consistency, quality and great response and delivery time. I always make sure I get my orders completed on time and I update and add new gigs regularly. It’s all about providing quality services that others need at a price point that works for the both of you.

I’m a little different in that I had a long retail sales career and a business education. I would say take a business course at the community college, read a business magazine, or something to get you thinking like a business person if this is new to you.

I would also say do “odd jobs” via the buyer request listings to build up a reputations. I’m new on fiverr and my categories are not busy, it’s hard, but doing some buyer request jobs are beginning to pay off as buyers have started to seek me out.

Always thought as a buyer, not a seller then we know if we buyer what we needed. it was my main strategy for the success. Work hard, deliver on time and also provide something beyond they expected. it would be a huge advantage and you’ll have more repeat buyers.

Cheers!
Mahesh

Archived