Made about $38 profit my first day on Fiverr. Quit my day job yet?

smcdivitt

On my first day alone, I have had a massive surge of buyers that I did not expect. This has not only excited me, but I have already achieved something some never do, and that is a small bit of success. Call it luck, call it fate, I call it a wake-up call.

I have lined up clients that have been blown away by my article writing, that they are going to order 2-3 orders daily. I have a job at a local pizza place where I work five days a week, and bring home about $150 WEEKLY. Penny candy money. I can barely pay my bills.

Over the course of a week, I make about $21.50 a day. Today, I made about $50.

Is this my calling, or will this not last forever. What really is a job anyway though? I guess I feel secure at my regular job for no apparent reason, so why not take a risk into something you enjoy doing?

What does Fiverr think?

😕

Guest matt_garry

having people lined up is not something as concrete as you think you will find a lot of buyers exaggerate how many gigs they need. but I say go for it i quit my job but I can’t say I am not struggling

Oh man, didn’t mean to awaken the Fiverr gods of wrath. I didn’t mean to type “nobody on Fiverr ever does”. What I meant was I have already made more than some ever make on here. Geez, never been on a forum like this before…

I started 2 years ago, each and every month ive made more money than the month before. Ive now hit fiverrs limit of cashing out $5000 (i withdraw the 1st of each month). Ive never had no orders in my que since day one (even on holiday i have them rolling in).

Time will only tell if you can quit your day job! Best of luck!

Tom

Thanks for the comments 🙂 Just a note on the withdraw limit its only $5k per 24 hours. To withdraw more you just wait a further day. Its a security measure put in place by fiverr.

@smcdivitt everyones really friendly here. Just take any bad comments with a pinch of salt. 🙂

Keep up the good work!

• 1 month later...

Well uh, honestly. If I had every person that said they would order “daily”, “weekly”, “monthly” actually order like they said they would, I would be making like. $5k+ a day. Sadly, a lot of people are just so caught up in the excitement of good quality work and most don’t actually come back to order more. I have had quite a lot of repeat clients, but don’t go quitting your job until you see consistency, and what I mean by that is if let’s say you are making that for over 4+ months straight, go for it. Go full throttle online, but i mean, only if you feel it’s consistent enough and that if it doesn’t work out, you can always get re-employed elsewhere offline.

Yeah, I agree with one of the other people that has post in here. Don’t get too cozy here because I myself started out making decent money in here daily for two months, then my sales dropped off during my third month of activity. I don’t know if that is because two negative ratings or what.

Archived