How to compete with 3rd World Country seller who do everything for just $5?

chrisdata

Fiverr now allow us set price more than $5 for a gig, I upgraded to GigPackages and it doing fine for me.

Recently I saw some seller from third world country offering HIGH QUALITY service in my category for $5! I bet it took them at least 2 hours in-order to finish THAT $5 gig.

Well it’s not any one fault, I just feel a little bit unfair that we’re in 1st or 2nd country which high in expenses $5 to us is really not much.

How you guys think about this?

Your work is phenomenal.
There are thousands of people who will offer average work for low money. They exist in every category. Many sellers offer “the same gig” as me for one tenth of the price. Should I lower my price? No, I know what I offer and I know what they offer. I believe I am worth the price and my clients agree.
There are not many people who offer your quality and few, if any, who will do it for $5. Just keep your standard high, don’t be tempted to lower your quality to enable quicker turnaround. Make sure your communication is good and clear and your clients will have no reason to look elsewhere.

• 1 year later...

You need to study the Law of Demand and Supply…(Adam Smith, the Economist belonged to 1st world country), then you will never use the word “third world” for your competitors.

en.wikipedia.org
220px-Adam_Smith_The_Muir_portrait.jpg

Adam Smith

Adam Smith FRSA (16 June 1723 NS (5 June 1723 OS) – 17 July 1790) was a Scottish economist, philosopher and author as well as a moral philosopher, a pioneer of political economy and a key figure during the Scottish Enlightenment era. Smith is best known for two classic works: The Theory of Moral Sentiments (1759) and An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations (1776). The latter, usually abbreviated as The Wealth of Nations, is considered his magnum opus and the first modern Sm...

Thanks.

Archived