Getting the most from Live Portfolio™ [ARCHIVED]

natalieab

Live Portfolio, provides additional tools to help you sell your Gigs to potential buyers.

Here are a few tips for using these tools:

1. Build your portfolio! Show off work that you’ve delivered so that you can attract more buyers to your Gig by providing them with samples of your work. That can help you convert more potential buyers into buyers as they get a clear idea of what your Gig has to offer.

Currently, the feature only displays video and image files - so use that to your advantage.

For example:
  • If you offer audio files and want your delivered works to appear in the portfolio then save it in a video format when you deliver your Gig. This way it will be added to your Live Portfolio.

• If you're a writer, you can take a snap shot of your work and save it as an image file. Deliver this image along with the text file and the image will be added to your portfolio.

2) Expand those descriptions! Take advantage of the extra space to clarify the services you offer. Make your price lists clear so buyers know how much each service you offer costs.

3) Use the new displays! Now more than ever high quality videos and images will help you get attention from potential buyers.

All sellers have access to this feature. If it is not enabled, you can go to "Manage Gigs" ---> "Edit" to turn it on.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I just uploaded video that I would like to show up in my Live Portfolio. In the Live Portfolio Sample window it shows that it is still “generating preview” so it does not show any image from the video. Below that it says "Video ready for Delivery."

If I deliver the work before the preview generates will I lose out on it in Live Portfolio.

So far I’ve waited about 30 minutes but would like to deliver to my customer sooner than later.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried to make a video with audio file of me promoting my gig in a foreign language, Norwegian, and it got rejected to bad image quality. It was a picture of my gig description, since I dont have a cam at the moment.

We should be able to upload audiofiles, the same way as pictures and videos. Tried to include a link to my dropbox file of the same video, but it suspended my gig, since it was promoting a 3. party, but there is no way dropbox would allow anyone to see my account at them.

Not every client wants their work promoted either.

I hope this will be a feature soon! 🙂

I tried to make a video with audio file of me promoting my gig in a foreign language, Norwegian, and it got rejected to bad image quality. It was a picture of my gig description, since I dont have a cam at the moment.

We should be able to upload audiofiles, the same way as pictures and videos. Tried to include a link to my dropbox file of the same video, but it suspended my gig, since it was promoting a 3. party, but there is no way dropbox would allow anyone to see my account at them.

Not every client wants their work promoted either.

I hope this will be a feature soon! 🙂

Archived